Long sleeve summer weight shirts.

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
The Columbia PFG (Pro Fishing Gear) are amazing, they aren't cheap but they are worth it to me. They have good vents, super light weight material and breath like nothing I've every worn. Perfect for summer shade. I'd look at boating stores and fishing retail outlets to find the nice stuff that works in the summer.

I second this; can always buy direct from Columbia too. They've stepped up their selection. No sure how the pants are though.

07BlackSpecV

Adventurer
I've said it before sometime last year and it holds true. I live in the Eddie Bauer Travex shirts. Lightweight, wrinkle resistant, quick dry, and cool to wear. My favorite shirt from Eddie Bauer is the Mako from the Sports Shop line. It has a lot of the same benefits as their Travex line but with some extra utility. The fact that you can almost steal the Travex shirts at an outlet helps too.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/m...Shirts&previousPage=LNAV&tab=travex&color=907

http://www.eddiebauer.com/product/m...en&previousPage=GNAV&tab=sport shop&color=500

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I second this; can always buy direct from Columbia too. They've stepped up their selection. No sure how the pants are though.

Pants are great too. Actually, I have yet to have a columbia product let me down. Just remember to try on everything you buy. Their sizing is all over the place!

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Was just going to say this. I love my Columbia shirts. Light weight, easy to pack, breathable. Sleeves roll up and can be buttoned in place. Plus, not too costly. I think I have three Columbia Silver Ridge shirts.

x2. I have had some going on 5 years and they have survived numerous back country backpacking trips, 2 weeks down the Colorado river, bunch of other more local river trips in CO and TN, everyday wear, etc etc. I haven't even had a single loose stitch but the oldest and most used is starting to loose some color on the upper portion just due to the shear amount of sunshine exposure.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I know its not the stylish thing, but my favorite shirt in the heat is a long sleeve under armor heat gear t shirt. Many different brands, Columbia, Magellan, world wide sportsman, etc, etc.

thethePete

Explorer
Merrell has some nice buttondowns, most are UV Protection rated, and they are super breathable. I cruise the clearance rack at the sporting goods stores, 60% off ain't too shabby.

Also a vote for Columbia. There are other options, but for bang for the buck, Merrell and Columbia are tough to beat.

kojackJKU

Agreed, I have no experience with Merril clothing, Next time I get to Florida, I will stop into a couple of dicks sporting goods and check them out. But I swear by Columbia clothing. Price/performance ratio cannot be beat!

thethePete

Explorer
Since you're also in Canada, Atmosphere puts their stuff on clearance regularly. I got my latest Merrell shirt there, reg $70ish, 60% off.

kojackJKU

Yeah, we had an atmosphere in the semi local sportchek, however they pulled that section. I am going out that way again to bring my son to university, I will have a poke around...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles