Long sleeve summer weight shirts.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
It's getting to be that time of year for light weight clothing. Long sleeves keep the sun and heat off when I'm in the sun all day. My collection is getting tattered and was wondering which ones you like? Have you seen any smoking deals on basic expedition style shirts?

verdesardog

Explorer
For the intense sun here in central AZ I only wear long sleeve shirts. Most of the time I get 100% cotton dress shirts from local thrift shops, they are pre broken in and cheap!

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I picked up a Columbia one this fall in Montreal. Its long sleeve, button closure and its a very lightweight breathable fabric that is stretchy. Its super comfortable.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Like Verdesardog, I wear button shirts most of the time. Varying weights, but I like their versatility. You can open them up to various degrees, including the sleeves or roll them up, the collar can be flipped up to protect from sun or wind, and although I don't like those with breast pockets some do - just remember to get them with button or sew in a small piece of velcro.
I think my button shirts are the most versatile piece of clothing I have - and I even have a few pairs of zip-off pants (which I hate, lol).

For the intense sun here in central AZ I only wear long sleeve shirts. Most of the time I get 100% cotton dress shirts from local thrift shops, they are pre broken in and cheap!

Unfortunately you can still get sunburn through a cotton shirt. UVA and UVB penetrate the material, better than no protection at all.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
The Columbia PFG (Pro Fishing Gear) are amazing, they aren't cheap but they are worth it to me. They have good vents, super light weight material and breath like nothing I've every worn. Perfect for summer shade. I'd look at boating stores and fishing retail outlets to find the nice stuff that works in the summer.

Thirty-Nine

Explorer
I picked up a Columbia one this fall in Montreal. Its long sleeve, button closure and its a very lightweight breathable fabric that is stretchy. Its super comfortable.

Was just going to say this. I love my Columbia shirts. Light weight, easy to pack, breathable. Sleeves roll up and can be buttoned in place. Plus, not too costly. I think I have three Columbia Silver Ridge shirts.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
It's getting to be that time of year for light weight clothing. Long sleeves keep the sun and heat off when I'm in the sun all day. My collection is getting tattered and was wondering which ones you like? Have you seen any smoking deals on basic expedition style shirts?

Costco has some nice hightec long sleeve button up shirts. I picked up three a couple of weeks ago. $20 each or maybe $18 each

DVD

Adventurer

Great minds think alike. That's my AZ trick too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles