Upscale expedition defender 90..???

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Plans to have leather wrapped dash.black.elcantara headliner with grey stitching, billet aluminum led interior dome lights and led strip accent lighting, front seats are heated upgraded units also..power windows, central locking and a couple of other cool features...

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Seriously though... More pics and details will come as the engine is fitted with the unit..the supercharger doesn't turn it into a tyre smoking beast, it just gives it a nice little bit of extra grunt, and makes that really neat sound, and boy, when you open the hood does it have an impact...:)

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
She's looking good Shayne!! Been busy since my visit.
That blower is sweet for extra oomph at the bottom of an obstacle- used to wheel with one, and it was a hoot!
Purdy truck!!

Jitterbug

Adventurer
Another great project Shane, interested to see what you do with the interior, my 90 is nearly mechanically sorted so next project will be making the interior nice and comfortable / fancy as well as a respray and tidy up cosmetically.
I am thinking something along the lines of the Twisted Retro 90.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I've got some interesting stuff to do to the interior but nothing too outlandish as my tastes may not be the same as for someone else...the sound deadening really makes a nice difference, a lot less drumming noise from the outside and you can hold a pleasant conversation inside at Road speeds, that's hard to do in a normal defender...it also lets you have good quality stereo inside the truck as it stops a lot of the tinny reverberation... It ALSO is better for heat and a/c retention inside the truck....I have a couple of options for seats to go into it and will leave that till last...

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Is the MTV "Pimp My Rover" series to air soon?

I can imagine scenes with you throwing spanner and the dog barking!

spikemd

Explorer
Nice work Shayne. As always, top notch. As a NAS vehicle, it will command a premium. Great idea to add the supercharger while keeping the petrol engine.

TeriAnn

Explorer
Thanks...I'm thinking this trucks only obstacle it will face is the speed bump in the Starbucks drive through...:)

I opened this thread to see what modifications you came up with to make the D90 more accommodating for long duration overland travel. The thread was labeled as an "expedition" rebuild. It looks like a nice rebuild but I didn't see anything "Expedition" ability enhancing. If it is not an overlanding travel rebuild why is it on this forum and not on something like the D90 forum? It looks like a really nice quality rebuild, but why is it on the expo forum?

To date I have only been on one long trail ride with a supercharged V8 Defender in the group. The vehicle had to be left behind in a town early on because the head gaskets were blown with possible additional damage.

I guess the 2 inch lift should help on the parking lot speed bumps you mentioned. 1cactus.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier