Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picked up a DRZ400s

Going on my first off road trail ride this weekend. I will be base camping from my truck but hope to be able to do an overnight trip in the future where I only carry the bare essentials and don't have a truck as base camp.

Default Enjoy your trip

Whether bike packing or in a truck, just getting out is great. Have a good time and let us know how it went. One thing nice about the truck is having firewood and a cooler for those nice "cold ones" after the ride.
    Mikey
    PAVEMENT Another example of needless government spending.

You know, I was so focused on being a cool, guy who can pack his whole camp in a baclpack that I didnt even think about the beer and firewood!

Thanks!

Did another trip on Wednesday. Went to McCain valley East of San Diego to test my skills... it ended up being way more than I intended. I was expecting some single track trails and high speed but it was everything. We were bouncing up and over big boulders, tight single track lanes with trees and cacti on both sides, big sandy hill climbs with a rock you had to navigate around at the top and 3 foot deep whoop sections. Very challenging for me but it was such a blast.

However, I did take my first good spill. I slowed into a tight corner and accelerated out and somehow got tangled up in some trees and rocks and I flew over my handle bars and landed right on my head. I remember landing on my head and thinking: "please please bike dont land on me" Lucky for me it didnt. Bike took a good beating also, bent handlebars, broken brake lever and everything is all out of place now. Going to spend the weekend getting new parts and fixing everything then I should be good to go. As for me, I have taken a few days to recover. My Jaw, neck and back are very sore from landing on my head...go figure. Stoked to go out again. I know my limits and know how far I can push it so I am itching to get out.

And, worst of all, I was too excited to start riding that I forgot to put on my GoPro so I have 0 evidence of the crash. Other than my broken bike and scarred (brand new) helmet.

Love my DRZ400E. You are going to have a blast.

'89 RRC 35's
    '97 DI 35's
    '02 KLR650
    '02 KLR250
    '05 DRZ400e

Dang nice E! Looks super clean!

I looked at those...but much harder to register for street in CA...shocking, I know....

Quote Originally Posted by SDDiver5 View Post
    Dang nice E! Looks super clean!

I looked at those...but much harder to register for street in CA...shocking, I know....
    That's a shame. AZ recently dropped motorcycle emissions which made my past E model ~$15/year for tags and all.

You know, it is difficult at times but I live by the beach and it rarely goes over 85 degrees so I wont complain!

Quote Originally Posted by ZMagic97 View Post

That's a shame .

AZ recently dropped motorcycle emissions
    which made my past E model ~$15 / year for tags and all .
    Ours need to be registered for the street in Riverside county ~ they don't let you ride out of the parks here with OHV registration . . .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12