Ozark Trail "High Performance" cooler - any good?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
If you check the reviews, and are shopping Walmart, look at the Lifetime High Performance coolers. Less money, better performance, and made in the USA instead of imported from China.

California Innovations bought a roto-molding factory outside Atlanta and my coworker's buddy manages it. No more China on their higher end stuff.

But they don't make the coolers that the thread was started about anymore. That was why I brought the thread back --- couldn't get replacement parts.

dbhost

California Innovations bought a roto-molding factory outside Atlanta and my coworker's buddy manages it. No more China on their higher end stuff.

But they don't make the coolers that the thread was started about anymore. That was why I brought the thread back --- couldn't get replacement parts.

There is a HUGE Igloo facility just outside of Houston toward Katy TX, I like my old Igloo Marine coolers, but they are too big for anything but hunting use... Parts are readily available...

Lifetime has parts avaialble but they are rarely in store...

I believe California Innovations made several of our soft side "beer party" coolers... Nice stuff...

It should be noted, I had, probably 15 years ago, an Igloo 60qt wheeled "5 day ice" model, kind of a silver gray with a white top, that lied about ice retention. I could easily keep ice for 6 days with that sucker. Sadly it grew feet and walked off years ago. I have not seen / found another cooler I like nearly as much. I don't need the "bearproof" so much as raccoon / gator proof being as I am in the south...

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Heard back from California Innovations this morning and they're going to send me replacement t-thingies under their warranty. Said it will take 2 to 3 weeks though.
Wish they just still sold the parts at Walmart. A bird in the hand and all that.
...at least the parts will be free

huachuca

Adventurer
Heard back from California Innovations this morning and they're going to send me replacement t-thingies under their warranty. Said it will take 2 to 3 weeks though.
Wish they just still sold the parts at Walmart. A bird in the hand and all that.
Glad to hear this is being handled for you Bill. Earlier in the summer, I had one of the rope handles fail on the 73 qt they gave us but was able to get a replacement from these folks. In all fairness, when camping, the cooler sits on top of my tool box in the truck bed and the handle that failed is the one I use most often to pull my fat butt up to access it's contents. The 110 qt has been trouble free but that puppy is heavy and doesn't see as much use.

Edit to correct link.

Last edited:

huntsonora

Explorer

I think I might have one if you need it sooner. Message me if you do and I’ll look for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles