Ozark Trail "High Performance" cooler - any good?

CamFromCI

Oooooooooo.
Maybe you should "Rtic" their butts off with a lawsuit. ;)

Thanks for the links, Cam.
My cooler turned one year old over the weekend at Lake Allatoona. All of our beer was brisk, no bottles were harmed, and nothing leaked.

Thanks Bill! Happy one year! Glad to hear that no leaks are happening, things are keeping cool and of course that the bottles are properly protecting their precious contents

Nice! As someone who likes to fix stuff myself, having access to spare parts is a big deal to me. That is one thing that worried me about these coolers is what to do if I accidentally break a part of it, how to fix it. Looks like you have that covered now.

I've seen some companies that deliberately make replacement parts difficult to obtain, which gets me annoyed fast. Very cool move providing access to parts, I mean I was already a fan of these coolers but that news is icing on the cake.

Absolutely! Personally I'm the same way with my gear. We're glad to hear that it's appreciated, we're definitely keeping our eyes and ears open for ways we can help out our customers and innovate in this space as time goes on.

That is awesome! Always good to have spares for Murphy.

This is great! We're happy help Murphy live a nice long and productive life :)

When will the Ozark Trail High Performance Coolers be available in Canada?

Hey Crooked Beat, this is something that's up to Walmart Canada... For the time being I don't really have any information on when/if they will be available in Canada. But if I hear any news on this front I'll happily share it here.

Bravo1782

Adventurer
Hey, looking into these Ozark Trail Performance Coolers...anyone got any long-term thoughts after owning once of these for a while? How have they held up? Still happy with their performance? I've got a Indel B Fridge that I run in the truck and I'm looking to move "non-essentials" (beer and beverages) to a cooler to save space (more space for food). Plus, there's just something about pulling an Ice Cold brew out of a cooler after a long hot day that just hits the spot. I've got a cheap coleman that works well enough, but I'd really like to get something heavy-duty that I can strap down in my trailer, lock down, and generally not be nice to. Do you guys think one of these will fit the bill?

To be fair, most of my trips are weekenders, but I will have longer trips coming up.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Hey, looking into these Ozark Trail Performance Coolers...anyone got any long-term thoughts after owning once of these for a while? How have they held up? Still happy with their performance? I've got a Indel B Fridge that I run in the truck and I'm looking to move "non-essentials" (beer and beverages) to a cooler to save space (more space for food). Plus, there's just something about pulling an Ice Cold brew out of a cooler after a long hot day that just hits the spot. I've got a cheap coleman that works well enough, but I'd really like to get something heavy-duty that I can strap down in my trailer, lock down, and generally not be nice to. Do you guys think one of these will fit the bill?

To be fair, most of my trips are weekenders, but I will have longer trips coming up.
One year and still a fan.
They clean up easy, don't stink.
Time will tell I guess. They've only been around a year....

EDIT: I hit the quote button and got more than it seems you posted.... ....weird science. Did I quote what you were thinking? Or did it snatch something you typed and then edited?
Either way, strange...

fjmario

Adventurer
Only used my cooler the weekend I bought it, and after cleaning it out I noticed there were holes in the moulding along a seem.
Looks like Ill have to return mine :/

huachuca

Adventurer
Just arrived at Watchman CG in Zion NP and cracked open a cold one from our Ozark Trail 73 after setting up the camper. Life is good!!!

Ragman

I gotta say my experience has been very disappointing with the 52 qt Ozark Trail HP. I purchased it a while ago and have used it straight for 10 days and out of all the coolers used for a graduation party, meat storage etc it has been the laggard. I knew I was in trouble on day two when I felt the outside and top, sides, and particularly bottom were cold to the touch-definitely not holding the cold in. By contrast my Coleman extreme 6-day showed no such "leakage". Confirmation when I opened them on day 3 and the ice had melted 70% in the Ozark. I chocked it up to the four pork butts not being ultra cold when I filled but has shown same lack of ice holding over the last 4 days holding beer, even outperformed by my no name BJ's Wholesale teak patio cooler. I am returning.

Robert Bills

Explorer
I gotta say my experience has been very disappointing with the 52 qt Ozark Trail HP. . .

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I just returned from a 2-week trip and my experience with my Ozark Trail 26 quart high performance cooler was a good one - block ice lasted an average of 4 days in 85-90 degree daytime temperatures.

perkj

Explorer
I gotta say my experience has been very disappointing with the 52 qt Ozark Trail HP. I purchased it a while ago and have used it straight for 10 days and out of all the coolers used for a graduation party, meat storage etc it has been the laggard. I knew I was in trouble on day two when I felt the outside and top, sides, and particularly bottom were cold to the touch-definitely not holding the cold in. By contrast my Coleman extreme 6-day showed no such "leakage". Confirmation when I opened them on day 3 and the ice had melted 70% in the Ozark. I chocked it up to the four pork butts not being ultra cold when I filled but has shown same lack of ice holding over the last 4 days holding beer, even outperformed by my no name BJ's Wholesale teak patio cooler. I am returning.

Did you pre-chill the cooler? This is a must on these root coolers, otherwise your spending a lot of your ice in getting the insulation to the right temp

Ragman

I confess on day 1 I did not pre-chill, neither the Coleman nor Ozark. I did however keep constant, refreshed ice in them following that for over 10 days and the Ozark was, at best, on par with my Coleman Steel Belted and a no name task patio cooler from BJ's Wholesale and definitely trailed my Coleman 6 day.

Perhaps my expectation were off but I am wondering if they are having some QC issues and not all runs are getting the proper amount/type of insulation as I notice they are much more available now-new plants added, new contractor??

I had high hopes but returned today. Guess I will take a stab with RTIC or go US made and see..

STANG302

Observer
Quick review of 24 Can HP soft cooler.

Used it camping last weekend temps were 70-80F. Dropped a cold twelve pack of my favorite beer along with 8lbs of ice around 3pm on Friday on the way up. Left the cooler sit outside in the sun once I got up to the camper. Consumed 6 per night and by the end of Saturday night there was a good amount of ice floating in water. By 10am Sunday it had all melted.

This is my first cooler of this type and am extremely impressed. My plastic cooler of roughly the same size i'm lucky to get ice to last 5-6 hours.

another_mike

Adventurer
I got some of these wagons pictured below for work. They are rated to carry one ton and have big inflatable tires. Even with a wagon like that it would still be easier to drag a cooler with a big *** handle across the deep sand than to try to pull a wagon across deep sand. Maybe if you found wagons with even fatter tires but that would just take up more space. I would also prefer two smaller cooler to one big one if I did need that much space.

8PHD1_AS01

Those are not the types of inflatable tires we use to haul stuff around on the beach... We use stuff like this http://www.beachcartsusa.com/, you can roll several hundred pounds, even launch watercraft, with little effort. Most people buy the wheels and build their own cart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz