Ozark Trail "High Performance" cooler - any good?

Picked up a pair of the 52qt models at my local store in Atlanta. They feel pretty solid. Currently sitting in the back of my LJ loaded with lunches for work and about 25lbs of ice.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Picked up a pair of the 52qt models at my local store in Atlanta. They feel pretty solid. Currently sitting in the back of my LJ loaded with lunches for work and about 25lbs of ice.
Two 52 qt coolers, 25 pounds of ice, and lunches (not lunch).... ....you must have a prodigious appetite....

Welcome to the forum.

Spinner

I bought a 52 qt version yesterday here on the south side of ATL.
This thing is solid and can't wait to use it.

dranrab

I Googled Ozark Trail Cooler and wound up here. What a thread and what a forum! Our local Wal Mart stores are very well stocked. I read all 50 pages of responses here and several indicated the coolers were made in China. I looked that the tag on one of these coolers the other day and saw that it said it was Made in the USA with domestic and imported parts. Has this changed since they first came out or are some made in China and some made here? It's also interesting that in some tests OT beat Yeti and in other the Yeti won out. Could this be that the foam that is injected into some is injected more densely or evenly? One final question. Is there a forum where new members introduce themselves, or do you just jump right in and post?

e60ral

2016 4Runner Trail w/KDSS
I Googled Ozark Trail Cooler and wound up here. What a thread and what a forum! Our local Wal Mart stores are very well stocked. I read all 50 pages of responses here and several indicated the coolers were made in China. I looked that the tag on one of these coolers the other day and saw that it said it was Made in the USA with domestic and imported parts. Has this changed since they first came out or are some made in China and some made here? It's also interesting that in some tests OT beat Yeti and in other the Yeti won out. Could this be that the foam that is injected into some is injected more densely or evenly? One final question. Is there a forum where new members introduce themselves, or do you just jump right in and post?

probably just some final assembly here

MOguy

Explorer
We are doing a road trip this summer and wanted a cooler about 26 quart like the smaller one. I went to Wal-Mart, had one in the cart and my wife noticed it was designed to be only carried by one person. We opted one with a handles so two could carry it and an additional longer handle and wheels so you can drag it around. I know it won't be as good but this way the kids could move it around.

It seems to be a great cooler for many reasons, but lacks some of the things a lower quality coolers offers.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I've gotten very interested in California Innovations since Cam from that company joined our forum and helped us out. That showed me that they're aware of their demographic, care, are interested in input, and want to better the breed. They're not just around for the buck.
I've also "met" Olivia on LinkedIn and try to keep up with what's happening in the company. Here's their website: https://arcticzone.com/story/
I'm not sure where they're making the OT cooler. I assumed it was China because of the price... ...but you really can't assume those sorts of things, can you? I know there are roto-mold factories all over the place, even here in Atlanta.

And, if you know me, you know I'm a dog person. So look at this: https://arcticzone.com/our-k9-staff/
They can take their dogs to work there. Corporate culture means something to me; I'm a softie, I guess....
The more I find out about them the more I like them. They seem genuine.

We are doing a road trip this summer and wanted a cooler about 26 quart like the smaller one. I went to Wal-Mart, had one in the cart and my wife noticed it was designed to be only carried by one person. We opted one with a handles so two could carry it and an additional longer handle and wheels so you can drag it around. I know it won't be as good but this way the kids could move it around.

It seems to be a great cooler for many reasons, but lacks some of the things a lower quality coolers offers.
What did you wind up buying? It might be another one of their coolers....
I bet they'd be interested in your input about the purchase.

MOguy

Explorer
I've gotten very interested in California Innovations since Cam from that company joined our forum and helped us out. That showed me that they're aware of their demographic, care, are interested in input, and want to better the breed. They're not just around for the buck.
I've also "met" Olivia on LinkedIn and try to keep up with what's happening in the company. Here's their website: https://arcticzone.com/story/
I'm not sure where they're making the OT cooler. I assumed it was China because of the price... ...but you really can't assume those sorts of things, can you? I know there are roto-mold factories all over the place, even here in Atlanta.

And, if you know me, you know I'm a dog person. So look at this: https://arcticzone.com/our-k9-staff/
They can take their dogs to work there. Corporate culture means something to me; I'm a softie, I guess....
The more I find out about them the more I like them. They seem genuine.

What did you wind up buying? It might be another one of their coolers....
I bet they'd be interested in your input about the purchase.

This one pictured below. It will sit in the back of my air conditioned 4Runner during the day and a hotel at night. It will work for this time around but if you are going out for days on end this is just another POS cooler.

I will probably end up selling it at a garage sale in the next year or two for 5 bucks or less.
b48f2afb-3d43-4367-8c15-5e3ac8726f26_1.00876898bb62614bb372e24334ae225b.jpeg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
This one pictured below. It will sit in the back of my air conditioned 4Runner during the day and a hotel at night. It will work for this time around but if you are going out for days on end this is just another POS cooler.

I will probably end up selling it at a garage sale in the next year or two for 5 bucks or less.
b48f2afb-3d43-4367-8c15-5e3ac8726f26_1.00876898bb62614bb372e24334ae225b.jpeg
Yeah, I get ya.

Wouldn't it be cool (pun...) if they made some wheels or something for the higher end coolers? I don't need it for the way I use mine but guys that fish, etc. Handy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles