Why aren't there more Pop-up trailers here?

MandAtaco

Observer
A few years ago we bought a 91 Starcraft for $1300 bucks off craigslist. I built an extended 2x4 frame for it with a 3500# axle with shocks and brakes. I also built a removable rack system that allowed me to side load two ATV's on top of it. It worked really well for our needs.

We have since sold the quads so I'm starting to use it for more back country stuff. Luckily I built the trailer heavy enough to haul atv's, so the frame is PLENTY stout, what I'm finding is that I'm having to reinforce/glue/tighten up the pop up box itself, mainly from vibration and age. Here it is out in Death Valley last weekend.

Last edited:

HOBBE$

2004 Starcraft 10RT

Purchased this 2004 Starcraft 10RT this Spring. Upgraded 12v system with dual 6v batteries wired in a series with a portable 80w, 15amp solar panel. Very pleased thus far! :safari-rig::smiley_drive:

Pictures are of our first trip May 20-22, 2016. Pike NF road 307 North side of Rampart Reservoir! Great view of Pikes Peak. Short hike to the reservoir! Nice trail around the lake!

Working on adding a 12v auxiliary outlet, usb and volt meter.

Next trip likely to be Gross Reservoir near Boulder, CO.

photo 2.jpg photo 6.jpg photo 1.jpg 2004 Starcraft 10rt Interior.jpe 6V Battery Tray 1.JPG Battery Tray 1.jpg 2004 Starcraft 10rt M.jpg z4audc3.jpg SD532014.jpg

Last edited:

rcintx

Adventurer
Can you tell me about the guy lines that are staked out? Was it to battle wind? Curious as the only thing I don't like about my pop up is getting shook around in very strong winds while trying to sleep. Doesn't bother me in a standard tent, can't sleep in the pop up when its gusting. Weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior