Redman's small build

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Thanks. I definitely need to look into it more. We found some shoddy wiring under dash just below the glove compartment with an in-line fuse. I think this may have something to do with it as well. On one occurrence the Cruiser when completely dead in less than 16 hours on a brand new battery.

I like where you're going with the LX by the way!!

Redman333

Adventurer
Thanks. I definitely need to look into it more. We found some shoddy wiring under dash just below the glove compartment with an in-line fuse. I think this may have something to do with it as well. On one occurrence the Cruiser when completely dead in less than 16 hours on a brand new battery.

I like where you're going with the LX by the way!!
Thank you! I still have a ton more I want to do with it but it's been a very reliable and capable rig so far and I don't want to compromise any of that. I plan on doing a bit more with the cargo area and add a second battery and isolator so that way I can add electrical components without having to get into the factory wiring. Then a roof rack is in store after that. Need to take advantage of the roof real estate for a few items.

I can check tonight when I get home on all data to see what the wiring looks like. If it gives me a wiring diagram I can shoot you an email with it. Generally speaking though if you disconnect a component and the problem stops usually(nut always) the component is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redman333

Adventurer
So I haven't done anything in awhile. I did start prepping to Install am led light bar in the front bumper. Ive had the light bar for some time now but didn't ever install it. When I ordered the light bar I also ordered a new switch from otrattw.com that would allow me to turn the light on and to be able to switch between amber and white. I found the light bar was a bit too tall for the bumper so I found some adjustable led light bar mounts on Amazon and ordered those. This allows the light bar to sit lower but a bit too low. That's ok though because I can put in spacers pretty easy to bring the light up. I also ordered a grom toyna1 to wire up a tablet I'd like to place in the dash. I ordered a galaxy tab pro 8.4" to mount in the dash as well as some magnetic ball mounts for it to attach to. Some of this I'll be working on this weekend so I'll get some more pics. Just wanted to give a little update.

Redman333

Adventurer
64b583d861e0041b44c889c7268fc1a8.jpg

Here's with the original brackets. Sits a bit too high

b96bb2926d606834a8d99bd64db69f3d.jpg

Here's the new adjustable brackets. As you can see it sits a bit too low. I'll add some spacers to bring it up a bit.

I also plan on cutting and using a heat gun to bend the plastic back so that it still looks good but is completely open for the light. Since the light bar is short I've thought about adding a couple of led pods to both side to shine more off to the side but we will see how this works first.

Redman333

Adventurer
218644a0a0f7834d64b72bebc2c3d3bb.jpg

So here's pic of the dash bare.

70256da79bf37ffdf8df1493ba264b11.jpg

This is the GFs fire tab 8" which is really close in size to the galaxy tab pro 8.4" that I ordered. I used this to make sure I liked the size and it would work the way I want it to. My goal is to be able to swing it out to the left to be able to use the factory controls for the AC functions and then just swing it right back. The magnetic mounts should allow for this but we will see when I get the tablet in and mounted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles