New RTT mattress

ddog45

Adventurer
My mattress has been ordered and paid for in a custom size Mitch seems to be very busy and knows that I plan to leave for a trip soon. Hopefully I will have a mattress and pictures posted before I leave town. If I leave town with my old mattress I will be upset. Very upset....

DonBeasley

Adventurer
please keep posting and updating. All of us that are "on the fence" with a new vendor are waiting for some reviews and pictures.

ddog45

Adventurer
As I had expected I finally received the wrong mattress in the mail today. I leave for ten nights in canyon lands tomorrow afternoon. I will continue to post on this thread but as of this moment I feel that I would be leaning towards many negative aspects of this transaction.
What I received seems like it would be great if it were the correct size.

6btEX

Observer
How frustrating! I hope they make it right. Anyone can make mistakes, its how or if they make it right that counts.
That defines who they are.

MTaco

Adventurer
As I had expected I finally received the wrong mattress in the mail today. I leave for ten nights in canyon lands tomorrow afternoon. I will continue to post on this thread but as of this moment I feel that I would be leaning towards many negative aspects of this transaction.

Bummer! We just got back from a weekend trip to the Pryor mountains and my wife and I were just talking about how terrible the mattress is in the tent. I told her you were getting one of these new mattress's and you were gong on a 10 day trip so you would have a good review. On a side note, 4wd Toyota owner magazine just did an article on the mattress and I'm waiting for my copy to get here. Interested to see what they say.

MTaco

Adventurer

First off, did you have a good trip?

Any updates on how he is going to handle the transaction? Is he going to pay return shipping and send you the correct mattress?

ddog45

Adventurer
My trip was awesome and the mattress was just as good. I did not wake up with sore hips or an achey back. Mitch the owner of the company will be shipping me a new mattress with a return shipping label so I can send the wrong sized one back. I think this is a stand up company that may be having some growing pains. Last time I talked to him I asked him about making roof top tent covers for while the tents are closed and going down the road and he said he would be happy to make me whatever I want, I do think the fabric and pvc material he uses is top notch. Hopefully this helps a little.

MTaco

Adventurer
My trip was awesome and the mattress was just as good. I did not wake up with sore hips or an achey back. Mitch the owner of the company will be shipping me a new mattress with a return shipping label so I can send the wrong sized one back. I think this is a stand up company that may be having some growing pains. Last time I talked to him I asked him about making roof top tent covers for while the tents are closed and going down the road and he said he would be happy to make me whatever I want, I do think the fabric and pvc material he uses is top notch. Hopefully this helps a little.

Good to hear! So you used the mattress from them on the trip? Was it just to narrow? Also, does it bottom out like the original foam one if you sleep on your side?

Sorry for all the questions. I think I might go ahead and order one if you were able to sleep 10 nights and have no aches and pains! Thanks for the review.

Last edited:

MTaco

Adventurer
I talked with the owner Mitch today and ordered a mattress. Very nice guy and seemed to know his stuff quite well. He said it would take about 3 weeks or so which is understandable since they don't really stock RTT mattresses yet. They did just move to a new warehouse so they are also still getting settled in. I'm very excited about this purchase, seems the older I get the harder it is to get a good nights sleep!

I will be posting pictures once I receive it and let everyone how the process went. Also if anyone is wondering on the price it will be $174 before shipping. That is for my Iron Man RTT with a 55" wide mattress. Same dimensions as the ARB tents and a few CVT's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online