4Runner Roof Racks

xCSx

Adventurer
What are your favorites?

To me they all look whimpy as they dont extend towards the front of the vehicle...

Any ones you guys prefer? Any generation :)

volkinator

Here's some info:
Clicky

Not a lot of options for full length. I really wish FrontRunner would make one for the 3rd gen... only one missing from their site. K9's are pretty nice, but sit a little high for my liking. Gobi is super nice, but they are all $$$$$. Baja seems to be the best compromise, but I wish they made the utility rack for the 3rd gen as well. (like the 5th gen utility rack) as I'm not a fan of the side rails... all personal preference. but there's options, depends on what you're looking for and budget.

My personal favorite is @A.Wilson013 's. It's super simple and low profile, but solid at the same time. I'd like to make one like it at some point.

volkinator

what year/generation

I guess that info would be good to know too. What year 4runner are we looking for? Prinsu doesn't have a 3rd gen rack that I've seen yet

Beanzermin

Observer
I'm running the rhino rack pioneer platform. Can't say anything bad about it! All the options available are a plus too! I took custom dimensions and found a platform close to what I was looking for. They do offer one that would run full length.

99831cea264e0e1463db6f41e8bf9fab.jpg

7ac2257ef125390f34b11a7a72812c3c.jpg

chmura

Adventurer
What attaches the track to the roof for the full length like that? Did you have to drill holes? That's actually looking pretty nice! Do you notice a lot of noise?

Full length rails attach to the existing holes of the 4Runner. No drilling is needed. The feet of the rack attach to the rails that are bolted down to the existing holes of the 4Runner.

No wind noise.

volkinator

Full length rails attach to the existing holes of the 4Runner. No drilling is needed. The feet of the rack attach to the rails that are bolted down to the existing holes of the 4Runner.

No wind noise.

But what about the track at the front? Does it just rest on the roof?

himom

My gobi on my 4th gen runs the whole length. I did have to get a insert for where the sunroof goes but it runs the full length even without the insert

ohanacrusader

Adventurer
I love my camel bak rack, but fair warning it takes some time for rack to be made. I like the rails just because I transport surfboard a lot, and can put chairs and tables underneath them. My swift awning mounts nicely on the side as well.

xCSx

Adventurer
I'm running the rhino rack pioneer platform. Can't say anything bad about it! All the options available are a plus too! I took custom dimensions and found a platform close to what I was looking for. They do offer one that would run full length.

99831cea264e0e1463db6f41e8bf9fab.jpg

7ac2257ef125390f34b11a7a72812c3c.jpg

That looks great!

chmura

Adventurer

Looks great but no thank you. I talked to someone who has this rack and when he installed his roof top tent he came out with busted knuckles. I still don't see how someone can get their hands the sides. Mostly likely have to get to the RTT bolts from the front or rear which is a pain I'm sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior