Smittybilt Overland XL RTT-New product.

Volcanic Iceberg

If the Tepui annex worked, they also sell an annex extension for lifted vehicles. My trailer is tall too popped up so I'm looking for solutions.....

Box Rocket

From what I understand there will be an annex released for the SB XL RTT in around 90 days or so. I wish it came with the annex like the TuffStuff RTT does. I may also take a look at those as I need the extra room below. Also worried my trailer may be a little to tall for the annex to reach the ground as I believe my trailer will be around 7ft to the roof. Anyone know how tall an annex typically is?
Most annexes are between 6' - 6'6". The Tepui annex falls into that range also. One thing to consider is whether or not the annex you have includes a floor or not. The floor pieces can differ one brand to the next but the Tepui floor for instance, is shaped a bit like a dish so that the floor has abou 8" of vertical height to the sides. See below That means that you may have a bit more room to work with.

My personal one is mounted at 6'10", so just beyond the "sweet spot" but the annex walls still reach the ground (or close enough) that it can be staked down just fine without the floor, or the floor can be added comfortably. See below

If you are beyond that height, then as Volcanic Iceberg said, Tepui does have an annex extension available that will add another 12" of height.
You can see the annex extension added to the tent in this image.

The best solution would be to just buy the tent from Tepui. :)

F40

Adventurer
Kinda tempted to get the bigger Smittybilt tent for myself... 4wp has 55 in stock and one may have my name on it.

C-Fish

Adventurer
To all who are thinking about the S/B Tent. Make sure you add the 4WP Extreme Warranty to your purchase.
This covers you for 3 years, no questions asked....even if the tent breaks due to your negligence.

The XWAR is 10% of the item but can be negotiated for less if you're savvy.

The salesmen are looking to sell the XWAR as they are paid commission...

I'm at the Mesa store until Friday close, (my last day with 4WP) if any locals want to get a tent.

Mark

Last edited:

CSU126

Observer
C-fish. Do you have to purchase the warranty at the time of purchase or can it be done within 30 days? Also can you get the xwar over the phone direct from 4wp?

Thanks again for the info.

C-Fish

Adventurer
C-fish. Do you have to purchase the warranty at the time of purchase or can it be done within 30 days? Also can you get the xwar over the phone direct from 4wp?

Thanks again for the info.

You have 30 days from initial to purchase the warranty. You can call any 4WP nationwide and purchase the XWAR.

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
You have 30 days from initial to purchase the warranty. You can call any 4WP nationwide and purchase the XWAR.

Since you work at 4wp I figured I'd ask if these ever go on sale? Or does 4wp ever offer 10 or 20% off a purchase coupons? If so when do they typically offer said discounts? Also are these tents a store stocked item? I didn't see any in the Las Vegas store unless they have them in the back. Or are they warehoused and shipped to stores? Also is it free shipping to stores for local pickup? Sorry for all the questions. Just figured I better ask before your finished working there this week.

C-Fish

Adventurer
Since you work at 4wp I figured I'd ask if these ever go on sale? Or does 4wp ever offer 10 or 20% off a purchase coupons? If so when do they typically offer said discounts? Also are these tents a store stocked item? I didn't see any in the Las Vegas store unless they have them in the back. Or are they warehoused and shipped to stores? Also is it free shipping to stores for local pickup? Sorry for all the questions. Just figured I better ask before your finished working there this week.

Sales (in general) have slowed in the past few years. Smittybilt is a house brand and there is more margin, so a sale price is not out of the question.

The company has transitioned towards every day pricing and not using sale hype to coax a purchase...

Big items like these tents (and other things) are generally kept in the warehouse that serves that store.
Vegas is fulfilled out of Compton, CA and sees a delivery truck every business day (as do most stores).

Free shipping is always free from the warehouse.
This policy has been revisited recently to ensure uniformity across the company.

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
i just purchased the smittybilt XL and so far love it. no annex but i was told it is in R&D still and will be out this summer. i also snagged the awning.

here is a link to the post for my build

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/158959-M101A3-Expedition-Trailer-for-Jeep

Just FYI I was at the Overland Expo and the Smittybilt guys were there and even one of the guys for product development and he said at this time they were not working on and had no idea if an annex will be an option for the XL RTT. I told him they need to though. Even though I'm sure my opinion doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles