Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Smittybilt Overland XL RTT-New product.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post

Had to drill new holes, missing some screws, and metal shavings all over the place. I wasn't expecting stellar quality but overall I'm happy with the tent. I'll get a better idea once I take it out camping.
    Wow, they really installed the ladder brackets like that?

It had predrilled holes but I realized they were incorrect once I tried attaching the ladder.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RichardPT View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I was recently able to solve the longstanding question that was posted here a while ago - no, Smittybilt still does not offer an annex for the XL model but Tepui Autana XL (Gran Sabana) annex fits almost perfectly. Size is slightly off (SB is 4 inches wider) but parts match well (zippers, slider) and the only modification that may have to made is making another hole for metal rod that supports the window opening on one side.
    Couple crappy pictures from my driveway set up are attached ;-)
    Cheers,
    Richard
    Do you have any closer pics to show where it's short and the hole you had to make? Is it the regular annex or the ruggedized? Not sure if there is a zipper difference or not btween the two. Needing an annex for mine. Looking at the Tepui and the CVT 72" wide versions.

Thanks,
    Shane

I don't have any close up picture - all it is a small (maybe 5 inch) section of the zipper in a corner that does not fully close. Otherwise seems to fit perfectly, I didn't have to make any mods. It's a regular xl annex. Honestly I don't think I would like the ruggedized version as this one is plenty heavy to handle. I put a tarp under the floor for protection- yes, it has a floor which is great as SB regular size annex is only walls.
    Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by RichardPT View Post
    I don't have any close up picture - all it is a small (maybe 5 inch) section of the zipper in a corner that does not fully close. Otherwise seems to fit perfectly, I didn't have to make any mods. It's a regular xl annex. Honestly I don't think I would like the ruggedized version as this one is plenty heavy to handle. I put a tarp under the floor for protection- yes, it has a floor which is great as SB regular size annex is only walls.
    Hope that helps
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post

Had to drill new holes, missing some screws, and metal shavings all over the place. I wasn't expecting stellar quality but overall I'm happy with the tent. I'll get a better idea once I take it out camping.
    Looks like the factory drilled the holes for a CVT/Tepui width ladder.

Just ordered the XL from 4 Wheel Parts with a 20% off sale.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314