Smittybilt Overland XL RTT-New product.

rudee13

I had heard back at the end of March there were none in the US and it was gonna be a while before they stocked back up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SEREvince

Adventurer
Plot twist, 4wheelparts tracked a tent down and it's on it way to my local store. They assured me it would be here in time to mount. Fingers are crossed. Ground tent is ready just in case though.

jmlarson

FYI in case anyone is looking...- 4wheelonline claims they have 2 in TX. Make that 1 - I just ordered one. W/ 10% off fathers day sale, 989.99, delivered. Happy Camping...

Kyle Kelso

Adventurer
Has anyone fitted an annex to one of these yet? I was just about ready to pull the trigger on a Tepui XL ruggedized, just debating the Autana or Kukenam, but for the price and 4wp's 3 year warranty I think I'm going to go this route.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Kyle Kelso

Adventurer
Does anyone know how large of an order 4WP is bringing in or confirmed when to expect it? Spoke with my local store and they said there was 45 on back order and he couldn't give me an ETA.

Edit:
I sent an email inquiry and ended up speaking with someone from my local store again. She spoke with Smittybilt and wasn't able to confirm an exact date but they did say it should be about a month. I put an order in for one and an 8' awning. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

JOGR

The Annex for the TuffSTuff ELite 5 person looks like it would be about the right size... has anyone tried it on the Overlander XL?
http://tuffstuff4x4.com/products/elite-overland-roof-top-tent-and-annex-room/

I don't see the annex listed as available separate, but did email them to ask.

Has anyone fitted an annex to one of these yet? I was just about ready to pull the trigger on a Tepui XL ruggedized, just debating the Autana or Kukenam, but for the price and 4wp's 3 year warranty I think I'm going to go this route.

Kyle Kelso

Adventurer
Mine arrived, I'm picking it up tomorrow along with the awning! I don't have the rack yet and I'm leaving for work so I won't be installing or even unboxing it yet but we have a trip planned beginning of August so I will take pics and report back then.

Kyle Kelso

Adventurer
Just finished a 4 night trip with our new tent. It's evident that it's not top quality, but for the price I paid compared to a Treeline or ruggedized Tepui it should do just fine. The floor was a bit concerning at first, it's very flexy. The honeycomb aluminum floor would no doubt be sturdier which would be a good thing. I'm not sure how this compares to the floor of the regular Tepui and CVT floors, I assume they are all the same. Also, the mattress is junk. Might be fine for back sleepers but as side sleepers it is useless. But, with the money we saved I can buy a good mattress and I'm still ahead. Otherwise I'm very happy with it!
One small hole it seems from the stitching, not sure if I should worry about it or not.
We did have an awning leg come apart mid trip which I'll have to get replaced, but no issues with the tent :)
d57aaccb1af052367c2cea45f99cbbd5.jpg
56356982208293bdd60785c6c3368cee.jpg

Last edited:

Cdn4Runner

Just finished a 4 night trip with our new tent. It's evident that it's not top quality, but for the price I paid compared to a Treeline or ruggedized Tepui it should do just fine. The floor was a bit concerning at first, it's very flexy. The honeycomb aluminum floor would no doubt be sturdier which would be a good thing. I'm not sure how this compares to the floor of the regular Tepui and CVT floors, I assume they are all the same. Also, the mattress is junk. Might be fine for back sleepers but as side sleepers it is useless. But, with the money we saved I can buy a good mattress and I'm still ahead. Otherwise I'm very happy with it!
One small hole it seems from the stitching, not sure if I should worry about it or not.
We did have an awning leg come apart mid trip which I'll have to get replaced, but no issues with the tent :)
d57aaccb1af052367c2cea45f99cbbd5.jpg
56356982208293bdd60785c6c3368cee.jpg

Looks like you're in Alberta too. Who did you buy your tent from? I'm strongly considering it for the price. Thanks

Kyle Kelso

Adventurer
Looks like you're in Alberta too. Who did you buy your tent from? I'm strongly considering it for the price. Thanks
I bought it from 4 wheel parts in Calgary. Raven also sells them and I believe the prices are pretty much the same. I got the 3 year extended warranty on the tent and awning for ~$100 from 4wheelparts (always negotiate the warranty price!)

RichardPT

Richard
Annex for Overlander XL

Hi everyone,
I was recently able to solve the longstanding question that was posted here a while ago - no, Smittybilt still does not offer an annex for the XL model but Tepui Autana XL (Gran Sabana) annex fits almost perfectly. Size is slightly off (SB is 4 inches wider) but parts match well (zippers, slider) and the only modification that may have to made is making another hole for metal rod that supports the window opening on one side.
Couple crappy pictures from my driveway set up are attached ;-)
Cheers,
Richard

Attachments

• Scout5.jpg
    Scout5.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Scout4.jpg
    Scout4.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 88

Forum statistics

Threads
Members