HomeBuilt Family Sized Adventure Trailer Build

cacarbuff

So I'm kicking off this thread to track my progress on my home built adventure trailer and keep me focused on building it. My family has grown to 4 + a dog, so we have difficulty just camping out of my 4runner. My design is something like an XVenture copy with the dimensions of a long bed gen2 Tundra so that I can use off the shelf parts (like a tonneau cover). :sombrero:

So far, I have downselected dimensions:

20160403_214543.jpg

And started cutting out frame pieces. The frame is made of .120 tubing, 2x3 snd 2x2.

20160403_191152.jpg

I have an ARB 50QT and a Camp Chef Oven 235324_ts.jpg to go on a drawer that will slide out of the front section, a kitchen counter/pan and dish storage will slide out of the back section, and a sink will fold down over the wheel well.

I also have a MaxCoupler, a 1 Tonne Timbren axle-less suspension (http://timbren.com/products-page/1-ton/asr1thds02/), and a Triton hot water heater on order.

Hopefully, I'll be able to convince my wife on the Treeline Outdoors 4-5 person tent and a couple large awnings for the top in the near future.

It will be eventually riding on a set of wheels and tires (fj 8-holes) that will match my 4runner tow vehicle.

DSC_0396_zps11b2c14f.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to finish cutting everything and start welding up the frame next weekend.

I have definitely learned a lot from builds on here and welcome any and all input anyone has to share.

richxd87

Observer
Looking forward to your build bud! I have similar plans to mimic the xventure size but have not started, interested in hearing your opinion on the Timbren axles. Did you go with lift or no lift/wide or regular width spindle.

Good luck!

Red1

HERO
Looking forward to your build bud !

I have similar plans to mimic the xventure size but have not started,
interested in hearing your opinion on the Timbren axles .

Did you go with lift or no lift / wide or regular width spindle .

Good luck !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles