Frontrunner accessories on Rhino Pioneer Rack

bap5340

I've got a Rhino Pioneer rack. Does anyone have experience using the front runner accessories in the Pioneer t-slots?

taz223

ExplorationOutfitters.com
Depending on what accessories your looking at some of them "bolt on" easier than others. We do a lot of Front Runner & Rhino Racks in the shop and thus we often end up modifying accessories from FRO to fit on the Rhino Racks. The problem with a lot of the cross-compatibility is that all FRO racks have slats that run perpendicular with the vehicle, while Rhino Rack runs parallel so the spacing doesn't work out. Also, if its an accessory from FRO that is meant to mount on the perimeter of the rack it will not be compatible with the Rhino Rack.

If you'll let me know what accessories your considering I might be able to offer a little more help and insight.

Matt
Exploration Outfitters

bap5340

Sounds great. I'll send you a PM with my phone number. My desire is to put a rack on my Xventure trailer. I'm not sold on the 80/20 rack. I hear that there's a Rhino-Rack solution coming, but FRO has a great set of accessories. Wolf pack, 45 liter water sytsem, axe mount, perimeter lighting are some of what I'm interested in. Storing a table on the underside of the rack is desirable.
Very Respectfully,
Bruce

WestBoundDave

Observer
Front Runner Telescopic Ladder Bracket

Depending on what accessories your looking at some of them "bolt on" easier than others. We do a lot of Front Runner & Rhino Racks in the shop and thus we often end up modifying accessories from FRO to fit on the Rhino Racks. The problem with a lot of the cross-compatibility is that all FRO racks have slats that run perpendicular with the vehicle, while Rhino Rack runs parallel so the spacing doesn't work out. Also, if its an accessory from FRO that is meant to mount on the perimeter of the rack it will not be compatible with the Rhino Rack.

If you'll let me know what accessories your considering I might be able to offer a little more help and insight.

Matt
Exploration Outfitters

Reviving an old thread here, I have rhino pioneer platform with JB tent, and was thinking about using FR telescopic ladder and brackets instead the included JB ladder. Would those brackets fit onto the Rhino pioneer platform?

Dzine07

Observer

Matt
Exploration Outfitters

Hey Matt, I came across this thread while researching if this table holder will fit beneath my Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform....

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/table-brackets-for-mki-table-incl-latch-rrac097.html

I need a place to mount a camp table and haven't come across anything.

23270287_141928443200943_4229162343235877374_o.jpg

agent00111

I'm in the same boat: I have a rhinorack with JB RTT and I'd like to see if i can modify the FRO table slide to work under my RhinoRack. I'm not particularly optimistic due to the low profile, different rack mfr.. and even if I could get it to work, I'd have to take the RTT off to mount it.

Dzine07

Observer
I'm in the same boat: I have a rhinorack with JB RTT and I'd like to see if i can modify the FRO table slide to work under my RhinoRack. I'm not particularly optimistic due to the low profile, different rack mfr.. and even if I could get it to work, I'd have to take the RTT off to mount it.

Still haven't heard anything.. I may go rogue and create my own solution. There's a fair amount of dead space under my pioneer platform.
Pioneer.jpg

WestBoundDave

Observer
Same here, looking into how to get my maxtrax underneath, or even bridging ladder, table would be nice too, but mine is pretty close to the roof, so there is not much space

I'm going to talk to a local fabricator about making a custom light bar to work with my rhino rack... Maybe I can see if they can help me cook up a storage solution for the maxtrax and a table when I go talk to them next...

I'm thinking of doing something similar for my own MaxTrax. I find that the bulk of my dislike of the current setup (laying flat on the roof rack) is the need to unbolt the MaxTrax in four locations (each corner) and take off a lock - it's a hassle. Being able to simply slide them in somewhere and slam a single latch/lock would be much better. I'm considering replicating the FRO table slides for the MaxTrax, but am also thinking about building a simple box-style enclosure and storing them in that.

I'm currently waiting to receive my pioneer. When I do I'm going to see what I can come up with before I install my RTT.

Dzine07

Observer
Reviving an old thread here, I have rhino pioneer platform with JB tent, and was thinking about using FR telescopic ladder and brackets instead the included JB ladder. Would those brackets fit onto the Rhino pioneer platform?

Did you see that Rhino Rack released a new ladder at SEMA? This may solve your problem. Maybe..

dirtpaths

I know this is a very old thread, but did anyone ever find a way to mount a camp table under their rhino rack pioneer platform?

tlin

Adventurer
I would like to see if anyone has done this also, or I may just make my own.

This is driving me nuts - just a few hours ago I stumbled across someone mentioning they've used this for their Rhino Rack to do exactly what you're all describing (camp table under the Rhino Pioneer). Can't find the thread but I bookmarked the product in my Pinterest page to check this out.

Please report back if anyone tries it, thx.

Edit - here it is....I have the same Lifetime camping table mentioned in the thread and want to store it under my Pioneer....to-do list item for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles