GX sway bar disconnect

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I have KDSS and it rides like a brick, is there any tricks to making it a little more squishy? I don't really want to remove the sway bars but if that's my option I'll take it. It looks kind of weird, can i remove it without purging the KDSS system? That way i can shelve it for later if it ever needs to go back on.
Any info will be greatly appreciated. Also the GX specific forums haven't been anywhere near as helpful as this one has been so far with this rig. I really love this car too, it really wants to go get dirty on some adventures.

little_joe

Observer
Probably not the KDSS making it ride like a brick, but rather the sagging front coils, worn out factory shocks, and the rear air suspension. Taking off the sway bar, KDSS or not, is simply going to result in it riding like a brick but leaning a lot more. Refresh/replace the suspension.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Lexus installed new shocks within the last 20k, but it does seem to ride low in the front. It isn't anywhere near bumpstops though, i have a complete take off suspension from an FJ Cruiser with the normal offroad package. I've thought about running that and ditching the air bags. Maybe I'll give that a try this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior