1999 Chevy Suburban K2500

peasy

That sure is a pretty truck; look forward to following your continued upgrades.

Im interested in hearing how those duratracs are on the suburban. k2500s are too rare around here so I'll probably end up with a k1500, do yall think i shud still get load range e?

GmTech14

Observer
so i finally got my lift on. i need to key back the torsion bars a tad and allign it for the 4th time but overall im very happy.burbaloo.jpg

peasy

looks real nice with the 2" lift, looking to do a similar lift/tire combo with my future project. did i misread or did you put that '13 silverado frame under the burb?!

'05TJLWBRUBY

Adventurer
Looks great. If you don't mind- what is frame height at front most body mount and bottom of frame at rear bumper?

Best of Luck,

Mike

justcuz

Explorer
The factory steel rim I obtained for my spare on my '02 Z71 is stamped 17x7.5, the aluminum rims are listed at that size too. 6.5 seems too narrow, even for the 16s. I'd have thought they were 7.

Me too, but 8 lug truck aluminum wheels are narrower than the 6 lug wheels. Go figure.

The 2" lift looks just right, keep it up, the Suburban is looking good.

boll_rig

Adventurer
Also wondering on the lift. Really love how this thing looks now though. I had a 98 before my 03 and kind of wish I had it back. Keep it up.

GmTech14

Observer
okay, so i got a new jeep DD for the gf, so that has taken up a lot of my free time. however, i couldnt put off working on the burb any longer. gotta get it ready for the colorado trip this fall!!!

so today
-replaced fuel level sending unit
-fixed front shock noise
-replaced leaking AC line
-oil change
-re calibrated my tire size with my TECH 2

i am beyond excited for a working gas gauge and AC. the front suspension noise was super annoying too. HOPEFULLY the re calibration with the tech 2 will fix my odometer/speedometer, but i have yet to test against a GPS.

huff.jpg

huff2.jpg

i was hoping you could see the missing "fingers" on the level sending unit... out of the 6 only 1 was intact. obviously my gas gauge didnt work for crap lol

huff3.jpg

Bojak

Adventurer
Can you tell me what was involved with the sending unit swap? I got a 2000 2500 that reads full, always. Looking to address this soon.

Ghostwarrior

right now its just getting all the this-n-thats taken care of. Eventually, i would like to lift it and put 33's on there and do all kinds of stuff lol. honestly, im not sure yet! so many people here give me good ideas lol.

I can't say i was ever a fan of the 6.5... whatre you running now? and thanks, wanna buy it ;)

yea it was, the gaskets were ate upppp. I like your brush guard, did you make it? its good to know others have fit these behemoths on the trails!! and what size lift/tires do you have?

Thanks. Yeah I build the bumpers front and rear. My suburban k1500 has rough country 6" lift kit and Rollin 315 tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles