2016 Tacoma Camping Platform Build

skrankk

Just finished up my platform build under my ARE MX. Kept it simple and lightweight, the drawer holds all of my camping gear and is easily removed when driving around town. The whole platform is secured to the tie-down rail, which makes removing the entire platform very simple. Having the windoor makes everything on the left side easily accessible. I kept the platform 2/3 width to allow for tall items and bikes to go inside depending on how I want to have it configured. The storage in the front right is where I keep bedding, extra clothes, etc. I have a large foam mattress topper that I bring along. The action packer tote, and the cooler provide support to allow the bed to be full width when camping. The small LED light illuminates the entire cab and is wired directly to the battery.

IMG_5205.jpgP4100462.jpgP4100460.jpgP4100459.jpgP4100455.jpg

TwinStick

Explorer
Nice !

I also have an ARE MX series cap on our Power Wagon. LOVE IT ! I made my own bed slide/underside storage. Working great so far. I made it from this video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd1Sx_tldHs . It is also secured up front to the bed tie downs with turn buckles. Entire thing can come out in 10 minutes.

I am going to mount our 82 qt & 50 qt ARB fridges, air comp, batteries & charger & Honda gen back there when we retire in a year or so.

We are keeping our PW but our next vehicle will be Tacoma double cab TRD off-road. Not sure the Pro 4X is worth the money.

TwinStick

Explorer
Thanks. I think there is enough room under the slide to fit our folding table & chairs. Those 2 black handles have since been removed. On the tailgate are the 2 adjustable legs for heavy loads @ full extension. Not fancy but it works well so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior