"Euro Spec" Hutchinson Jeep JK Wheels Group Buy?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
I had a set of these way back when they first came out for JK. For whatever reason they chose to have 6" of backspacing and the wheels didn't make any sense. I got rid of them shortly after because the wheels rubbed terribly. Im not sure what the specifications on these are. These are really heavy wheels and a pain in the butt to disassemble. I highly recommend someone taking the time to put their hands on a set of these before they buy them. I wouldn't dare run these with spacers. A lot of hype without enough info. Of course they are DOT approved wheels and bullet proof.

Interesting, what size lift and tires were you running? Currently with my AEV 3.5" and BFGoodrich 35x12.5x17 KO2 tires mounted on 17x8.5 +10et wheels I have no rubbing issues whatsoever. These wheels have less than 1/4" more backspacing.

Also do you have any pictures of your setup? I've struggled to find any examples of these wheels on a JKU.

sail78385

Observer
Interesting, what size lift and tires were you running? Currently with my AEV 3.5" and BFGoodrich 35x12.5x17 KO2 tires mounted on 17x8.5 +10et wheels I have no rubbing issues whatsoever. These wheels have less than 1/4" more backspacing.

Also do you have any pictures of your setup? I've struggled to find any examples of these wheels on a JKU.

I had 37" MTRs on them. Oddly enough I have no photos on my Jeep but I do have photos of the Jeep they went on. You seriously need to to put your hands on a set before you commit. And if you buy these wheels be sure to purchase a spare set of the rubber gaskets, which you have to change everytime you disassemble; and if you have to dissemble these youll hate life so be sure to carry a spare wheel. Torq settings are very important. Youll need a solid 6-7 hours to mount these. I really cant express enough how heavy these wheels are. Whats the offset of these euro wheels?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
I had 37" MTRs on them. Oddly enough I have no photos on my Jeep but I do have photos of the Jeep they went on. You seriously need to to put your hands on a set before you commit. And if you buy these wheels be sure to purchase a spare set of the rubber gaskets, which you have to change everytime you disassemble; and if you have to dissemble these youll hate life so be sure to carry a spare wheel. Torq settings are very important. Youll need a solid 6-7 hours to mount these. I really cant express enough how heavy these wheels are. Whats the offset of these euro wheels?

Luckily we mount Hutchinson wheels often, almost weekly at the shop :)

The wheels you had were the Mopar version, 17x8.5 +38mm or 6.25 back spacing. Also 37" MTR tires run nearly two inches larger than 35" BFG KO2's. Sadly these awesome wheels were useless for the average consumer.

The Euro spec wheels are 17x8.5 +16mm so they sit outboard another 22mm or nearly 7/8" which is only 6mm less than my current AEV wheels.

CyberThom

Very Intrested!!!

A bit of unexpected news, I was contacted today by Hutchinson and was told they are shipping a few sets back to the US from Germany. I will have pricing shortly if anyone is interested.

I just found this posting and I would be extremely interested in getting those dual bead locker wheels from Hutchinson. I have called them in the past but never got anywhere. I would love to upgrade to those which will give me the same look but more importantly be functional!

DSC_0562.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier