"Euro Spec" Hutchinson Jeep JK Wheels Group Buy?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Many of you know of the Hutchinson wheel offerings for the Jeep JK, but not too many people have seen these... :)

abenteuer-allrad-2013-mh4x4-hutchinson-wheels-1_zpsezpftyx5.jpg

These wheels are produced by Hutchinson for the European market, but produced locally here in New Jersey. These wheels feature increased backspacing to keep tires covered with OEM flares (17x8.5 +16et). Hutchinson is entertaining making us a batch and I'm wondering if anyone is interested in a set for their JK. If so we can put together a group buy to make these available to the US for the first time.

Last edited:

KevinsMap

Adventurer
I am interested, as in actually willing to spend the money, but not yet sold. I don't have to be sold on Hutchinson Beadlocks. But I need to know more about this variant.

Price on offer

Weight

Pictures, mounted with tires on a stock-ish Jeep JKU (among other set-ups, hey, go crazy with the pics ;-)

Colour finishes you would offer

Yes, very interested :)

rino

They weigh 38.8lbs according to Hutchinson.

The only other shot I can find is this.

hutchinson1_zpsyg9uq6zn.jpg

Pricing would be inline with the typical JK offering at $483 shipped each.

KevinsMap

Adventurer
Still interested.

This specification is what I would prefer. My RubiconX will be getting new tires very soon - 34x10.50R17 BFG KO2 or (or rough metric equivalent) KM2, no significant lift. I have had this arrangement (KM2) for 80,000 miles on my old JKU. Offset is not an issue for me, functionally, and I could keep my stock rims. Or use the Mopar steel rims, another option. My needs are those of an Overlander, not a rock crawler. But the advantages of Hutchinson beadlocks that would actually look right with tall and skinny tires? A major expense, true. But. Yes, I'm interested.

But if I cannot see a picture of them mounted on Jeep JKU, covered by the OEM fenders as in normal eurospec use... well, I'll have to find those pictures myself. If I can. It is a big purchase, I have alternatives, and I'll not go into it blind. I'm sure you understand.

I will help a bit, so you can see I'm not a lazy bugger. Not exactly my setup, with a wider (though not taller) tire, and I'm guessing a different offset, but...

concept study - CommandoUSA0021.jpg

So yes, I'm interested. But I need pictures before I will buy. That might just sell me. With pictures, I can accurately weigh my options.

rino

Still interested.

This specification is what I would prefer. My RubiconX will be getting new tires very soon - 34x10.50R17 BFG KO2 or (or rough metric equivalent) KM2, no significant lift. I have had this arrangement (KM2) for 80,000 miles on my old JKU. Offset is not an issue for me, functionally, and I could keep my stock rims. Or use the Mopar steel rims, another option. My needs are those of an Overlander, not a rock crawler. But the advantages of Hutchinson beadlocks that would actually look right with tall and skinny tires? A major expense, true. But. Yes, I'm interested.

But if I cannot see a picture of them mounted on Jeep JKU, covered by the OEM fenders as in normal eurospec use... well, I'll have to find those pictures myself. If I can. It is a big purchase, I have alternatives, and I'll not go into it blind. I'm sure you understand.

I will help a bit, so you can see I'm not a lazy bugger. Not exactly my setup, with a wider (though not taller) tire, and I'm guessing a different offset, but...

View attachment 339531

So yes, I'm interested. But I need pictures before I will buy. That might just sell me. With pictures, I can accurately weigh my options.

After searching for weeks, I cannot find any pictures. However the offset is 6 mm more than AEV wheels and height and width are the same. Basically they will sit in 1/4" more than a set of AEV wheels or 1" more than the Rock Monsters you attached.

KevinsMap

Adventurer
After searching for weeks, I cannot find any pictures. However the offset is 6 mm more than AEV wheels and height and width are the same. Basically they will sit in 1/4" more than a set of AEV wheels or 1" more than the Rock Monsters you attached.

I will look too, and post if I find anything. I'm sick today, in bed all week ;-) I have some time.

An obvious source; Hutchinson. They sell them in Europe? They have distributors, Retailers. They might have pictures?

KevinsMap

Adventurer
Ok, partial credit. These are all from France - a Hutchinson Rock Monster certified vendor I sourced from the Rock Monster website vendor list - selling the TUV certified, european road legal offset. All in the classic "Rockmonster" style, so-called (they are all "Rock Monsters", regardless of style - that is Hutchinson Industries division name). They do not show this (new?) style, shown by the OP. Alas. But these pictures show how they would sit on the Jeep JKU, with that offset.

Different size tires, lifts, colours, setups.

Indian cars - wranglerjkIndiancarshut.jpg

Indian cars - JKBLACK1.jpg

Indian cars - prepaJKunilimited2.jpg

Indian cars - INDIAN JK Adventure9.jpg

Now, I have a decision to make. Very tempting...

Last edited:

shogun

Adventurer
No beadlock, but also appears to be no safety seat either, correct? It's just a split rim?

That sort of statement will get you thrown out of most tire shops.

These are definately NOT "split" rims. They are two-piece rims and there is a difference.

rino

A bit of unexpected news, I was contacted today by Hutchinson and was told they are shipping a few sets back to the US from Germany. I will have pricing shortly if anyone is interested.

sail78385

Observer
I had a set of these way back when they first came out for JK. For whatever reason they chose to have 6" of backspacing and the wheels didn't make any sense. I got rid of them shortly after because the wheels rubbed terribly. Im not sure what the specifications on these are. These are really heavy wheels and a pain in the butt to disassemble. I highly recommend someone taking the time to put their hands on a set of these before they buy them. I wouldn't dare run these with spacers. A lot of hype without enough info. Of course they are DOT approved wheels and bullet proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz