2014 Fuso 4X4 Host Outback - SOLD

adam88

Explorer
Wondering about the Host camper, is it really 4 seasons? i mean, if I wanted to park in a ski resort car park and sleep in it, would I either freeze my butt off, or go through two bottles of propane in one night!

I'll let OP answer but typically all "4 season" means is that if you run the heater in freezing temperatures, the camper will remain functional. In other words, all plumbing lines are heated/insulated. But yes, you will need to use a lot of propane to heat something like this. Probably close to 10,000 BTU an hour or more depending on the outside temperature and insulation. If the slide is out, and it's really cold out, then you'd probably need more. It looks like this camper has only 2x20lb tanks (would have thought it had 2x40lb). A 20lb tank generally has around 4 gallons of propane in it, so that's 8 gallons total. Each gallon has 91,000 BTU's, so that is 728,000 btu's of fuel. So two bottles of propane in a night? No. But maybe 2 bottles in 2 or 3 nights, depending on water heater usage etc. At night time you can save a lot of propane by turning the heater down to like 55 degrees, and covering up with blankets. Also whenever you leave the camper, turn it down to 55. In that case could see you extending this to 4 or 5 days.

Looking at the propane compartment, it looks like a lot of wasted space. Maybe it is designed to hold up to (4) 20lb tanks. I think that makes sense. OP is that true? If it could hold (4) 20lb tanks that would be really nice.

Looks like a great camper!

Deansco

Observer
I have camped in it twice when it snowed. Both times we were quite warm (the furnace is ducted) and we did not need to refill bottles during the trip. I have NOT stayed in it for extended periods in the winter.

Deansco

Observer
I do not think you could fit more than the current two bottles in the propane compartment. Thanks for the compliment.

Deansco

Observer
There have been a few people asking about the interior access with the slides closed. Please see the photos below for clarification and let me know if you have additional questions. With both slides closed you can access the bed from the cab. About 18" of the bed is under the wardrobe so as configured, the whole bed is not available. With the passenger side slide is out the kitchen and whole bed are available. Also the wardrobe could be shortened to allow full use of the bed. The dinette double seat is accessible from the rear camper door with both slides closed. The bathroom and kitchen are NOT accessible from either the cab or camper when the slides are closed. The bathroom is accessible with the driver's side slide out open. The slides take about 10 seconds to open.

Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 353
  • IMG_1198.jpg
    IMG_1198.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 331
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    IMG_1199.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 345

JQ11

Observer
Congrats - saw you drive by yesterday - I was in my black Jeep Brute - rig looked great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz