WTB: Autohome Overcamp RTT

heleto

Looking to purchase Autohome Overcamp roof top tent. Preferably from South East or Eastern states.

Thanks.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Good luck. I have an Overcamp and love it. The down side it is not very popular and there is ZERO customer support from the vendor Autohome.

heleto

You are obsoletely right. That's what I heard too. Hope to find one.

leucadiacruiser

Beach N Toys Chapter TLCA
Hoping to get one of these myself one day as they appear to be the only RTT that only take half of my roof front to back, leaving room for surf boards on the side. Curious @mep1811 how your experience has been in weather - specifically wind and/or rain. Hope one of these comes your way @helto and hope this isn't too blatant a hijack :victory:

heleto

@luecadiacruiser...Not a hijack at all. I would want to carry our kayak. Did you happen to contact a dealer or any seller how we can get then new? I heard that you can only get the direct from Autohome only if you are "qualified", and I don't know what does that mean. @mep1811...if it is not too much...could you share some pictures. At least we will drool for a while.

leucadiacruiser

Second that - I've only looked at the website and nsfw setup vids on youtube :eek: but as it isn't in the budget just yet, that's about all. Hard to believe non of the other great US RTT tent companies haven't tried this option out - I find it hard to believe there aren't more of us who need room for long stuff on one side of the tent - canoe, kayak, SUP, surf, etc.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I've been in a couple of storms in mine and zipped up I was snug as a bug in a rug as my Mother would say.

BryanBowie

Very interested in how this turns out, I'd like one too. Nothing else would work as well for surfboards and a RTT but I have given up on the Overcamp after hearing how difficult is to get. Even considered having a rack fabbed with ends higher than a RTT so I could mount boards above it. Hoping not to have to! Good luck. Would be great for any of us who carry boards/kayaks etc. I'm in the southeast as well. I'm curious to know what Autohome's qualifiers are for purchase.

P.S. - If Tepui, CVT or any other manufacturer would make one, I'd be all over it. Maybe it's too niche but I often wonder why nobody else has done one.

furbucket

Observer
Left Coast here- I too was interested in an overcamp and contacted Autohome US (email). Was told that they do not regularly stock any of their soft shell tents in the states but would happily bring one over in their next shipment- price would $2000 if I picked it up from them in Santa Cruz- not sure what shipping would be... Don't know how much this helps the the east coast guys either...

Sent from the fridge using Tapatalk

BryanBowie

Good to hear they'll bring one over, wonder how bad it would hurt to get one to the east coast though. I'll try and find out.
Thanks!

scottray

Hey guys, I have one of these that I have only used about a half dozen times that I am selling. I live in Park City, UT though. I haven't taken pictures yet, but will do so tomorrow. I had a Land Cruiser that I used it on, but now I sleep in the back of my pickup truck. Hit me up if anyone is still interested.

Scott

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Not trying to hijack... just adding to the photo-options...

Attachments

• 0929161512a-1.jpg
    0929161512a-1.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 0929161512-1.jpg
    0929161512-1.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 0929161512b-1.jpg
    0929161512b-1.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 16929344225_ca41259aca_n.jpg
    16929344225_ca41259aca_n.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 20141023_155915.jpg
    20141023_155915.jpg
    567.1 KB · Views: 202
  • 2014-Rendevous-4.jpg
    2014-Rendevous-4.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 97

leucadiacruiser

Saw your classified yesterday @scottray - timing is off otherwise I'd grab it. I hope someone grabs it up - these things seem to be unicorns. Great looking rig @yumandesertrat and thanks for the pix!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94