2008 Suzuki SX4 Weekend Adventure Build

JStodd555

Looks like a great trip indeed!

Mongoose Maine, I'm signed up for the July NEO trip. We have a Forester outfitted similarly to your car(tires, underbody protection, etc). Would you say there were there any questionable sections I should prepare for further, not having a truck?

Looks like a great trip indeed!

Mongoose Maine, I'm signed up for the July NEO trip. We have a Forester outfitted similarly to your car(tires, underbody protection, etc). Would you say there were there any questionable sections I should prepare for further, not having a truck?

you should be fine! I hope you have as much fun as I did !!! :)

borison

Adventurer
Looks good. What size awning is that? How tall are the poles at the edge? I'm thinking of something similar off the roof rack on my OBW. What do you think of the low edge near the vehicle for walking, chores etc?

Looks good. What size awning is that? How tall are the poles at the edge? I'm thinking of something similar off the roof rack on my OBW. What do you think of the low edge near the vehicle for walking, chores etc?

ARB Awning 1250 (ARB3110)

ARB Touring Awning... Easy to mount and operate, this retractable awning fits on to the side of a roof rack, and is conveniently stored for immediate use on arrival. Specifically designed for harsh Outback conditions, the awning is rugged but lightweight, and provides fast and convenient protection from the elements.

FEATURES
•Comes in a neat PVC bag
•Quick to erect and put down
•Self standing
•30 seconds to deploy
•Unique mounting extrusion allows for easy installation
•Mounts directly to the side of most roof racks or roof bars
•Made from cotton / poly ripstop - waterproof & 100% UV protection
•Rope track design facilitates attachment of optional mosquito net
•Bag made from heavy duty reinforced PVC
•Comes with pegs & guide ropes for securing legs, mounting nuts and bolts, wrench and comprehensive instructions
•Optional mounting brackets available
•size:1250mm (49.21" inches)

This project took a lot longer than I thought it would. We started off by measuring, cutting, and welding. When the bracket was all put together we tried to measure where we needed to drill the holes in the bracket but the bracket was to big. We cut the bracket in half and added in a brace so we could put the bracket in in pieces. We also realized that we should use larger bolts for the mounting points. So we had to drill larger holes in the mounting points and after we got the bracket made and test fitted we primed and painted it.
IMG_0244.JPG
IMG_0243.JPG
IMG_0240.JPG
IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0247.JPG
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0245.JPG
IMG_0246.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG

My day out kayaking was cut short due to the rough waters. I was forced into a tree limb, flipped my kayak and lost my items that were lose inside the kayak. I was able to recover everything except my lid to my bucket. I used this opportunity to take advantage of the water temperature and did a little swimming. After I loaded up the car and moved to another location, I decided to try my luck at fishing at the dam. So I setup my new chair and table, but the fish just weren't biting. I packed up, headed back to the house and took a bike ride.
IMG_1581.JPG
IMG_1584.JPG
IMG_1585.JPG
IMG_1588.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG

I spent hours today bolting and unbolting my lights trying to find the best place for them and this is where I will be mounting them. I will need to buy some tube mounts. I also mounted my Overland Bound emblem.
IMG_1640.JPG
IMG_1638.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles