Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COOPER DISCOVERER - Overland Challenge Series, our first trip to the Ozarks!

Quote Originally Posted by dmanbluesfreak View Post
    You haven't seen my truck up close :P

But I wouldn't compete to win. It seems like just a super fun overall experience. Would be awesome to work as a team and make my way across the Ozark hills. Are all the teams limited to 2 trucks?
    physically a fullsize truck will not fit through some of the optional routes, but the ozarks are awesome, miles and miles of trails. Some teams had 3 vehicles, but it's based on the number of people, not vehicles, so technically you could run 6 people, 6 vehicles
    03 Silverado Z71 - D60/Sterling/5.3/241C/40s/Shortened frame/tube bed http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...lid-axle-build
    Instagram @damnbluechevy @mccustomize

Very cool write-up, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by mccustomize View Post
    physically a fullsize truck will not fit through some of the optional routes, but the ozarks are awesome, miles and miles of trails. Some teams had 3 vehicles, but it's based on the number of people, not vehicles, so technically you could run 6 people, 6 vehicles
    I gotcha. Well it sounds like a blast so if you'd like a third oversized vehicle to add to your arsenal next year, hit me up.

Quote Originally Posted by dmanbluesfreak View Post
    I gotcha. Well it sounds like a blast so if you'd like a third oversized vehicle to add to your arsenal next year, hit me up.
    Funny thing is we all own jeeps, two WJ's and an XJ, so next year we will probably enter with those to be more competitive. We are however, going to plan a leisure trip to take the fullsize's up the mountains again. I'll be sure to reach out to you with the planning. I wish I would have known I would have asked you about this year.
    03 Silverado Z71 - D60/Sterling/5.3/241C/40s/Shortened frame/tube bed http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...lid-axle-build

I love wheeling the midwest. It's unfortunate you're pretty far south, but the Ozarks aren't out of question.

I was honestly amazed to see y'all pull in behind us at the finish line saturday morning. Those trucks put up a hell of a fight. We were joking about it after we hit the first super tight trail, and when we didn't see y'all the first night, we assumed y'all just said screw the "challenge," (it's not a race! lol) and just went off to explore and enjoy the beauty that the Ozarks has to offer.

We'll be there in November for the Fall Challenge, hope you guys can make it!
    Just pack up and go for a drive, no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1035 View Post
    I was honestly amazed to see y'all pull in behind us at the finish line saturday morning. Those trucks put up a hell of a fight. We were joking about it after we hit the first super tight trail, and when we didn't see y'all the first night, we assumed y'all just said screw the "challenge," (it's not a race! lol) and just went off to explore and enjoy the beauty that the Ozarks has to offer.

We'll be there in November for the Fall Challenge, hope you guys can make it!
    We heard there was quite a bit of talk about that, glad to see we can away with no body damage even after completing a hard, and a medium trail. I will say careful spotting can get you a long way.

We are out on the Fall challenge, my wife has put a big Veto on that, we will take a family vacation somewhere, but we will be back in the spring for sure!

I found out about the Baja 4000 yesterday, and it's in January, wife said not no, but hell no! Lol. She doesn't like the idea of me being gone for 3 weeks to do a trip to the cartel country lol
    Just pack up and go for a drive, no excuses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12