Cirrus 800 Truck Camper

Rax

This looks interesting. Compact design, eurostyle. Some euro features, Windows, mattress base, wet bath etc. Shown on a .5 ton short box. Still not convinced that featured hard sided tc's like this and lance 650 are suited for .5 ton. Large bumper would be an issue off-road. Overall good design and layout. Same guys make North American TAB and little guy trailers. What do you guys think? Retails around mid 20k.
http://cirrus-truckcamper.com/

RAX

Lance990

Observer
I like these campers. I first heard about them when Truck Camper Magazine did a story on them. I wish they had room for a builtin propane generator but I like the styling inside. The fold up sink in the bathroom is clever and I like the ALDE central heat system. The color scheme is a bit ugly on the outside but I could probably live with that. The small details like the hydraulic table indicate that this camper design was well thought out. It's always good to have other options.

shackleford

Too bad it's base dry weight is 1940 pounds. Would have thought the T@B/Little Guy people would put something out that COULD fit on a regular half ton.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Pre-owned rigs

Consider a pre-owned US or Canadian truck camper from an established company.
They go for a fraction of new.:sombrero:

Rax

Used is certainly the most cost effective. I do believe they are made in U.S.. Company building TAB and tear drop style trailers. Just like the quality look and layout of this one , haven't seen one up close. I'm not sure if they have dealer in Ontario. TC ware house has a few pictures and video. Looks good on their SD Ford. Perhaps in a few years used examples or non-current will be available. RAX

Rax

The new 820 is out, bigger tanks and double propane, slight change to dinette and access to bed. . The 800 is available for around $20000 at various dealers.

Darwin

Explorer
Still nothing for a normal long bed truck. 820 looks like a nice improvement if you have shorty bed.

Rax

It would fit 8ft box if they changed the over hang design for 8ft. Still like this Tc as an option paired with a 1 ton srw 4x4 short box. Leaning towards 17 or 18 f350 supercab srw 4x4.

Rubicon85

Observer
The wife and I went and checked out the 800 today after looking at various other options of cheaply made travel trailers and such. She love the airstreams of course but I'm trying to keep it on the lights side of budget and off road capable:) These 800 series is a pretty nice slide in and my dealer has 2 on the lot he is trying to clear out for a good deal, if they are still around in a month or so i may pull the trigger, they seem pretty well put together for what they are.

Alex

Rax

The wife and I went and checked out the 800 today after looking at various other options of cheaply made travel trailers and such. She love the airstreams of course but I'm trying to keep it on the lights side of budget and off road capable:) These 800 series is a pretty nice slide in and my dealer has 2 on the lot he is trying to clear out for a good deal, if they are still around in a month or so i may pull the trigger, they seem pretty well put together for what they are.

Alex

Rubicon85 - did you happen to get one? I also saw a few being advertised for that price - seems like not a bad price for what you get (??). A long bed option ( same floor plan - but less overhang) would be nice - the rear overhang on the short bed seems to be a little too much, however in the promotional video's the RAM doesn't appear to have an issue. I would like less in the rear to scrape if I get into an unexpected steep approach situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles