My New Fuso FGB71 All Terrain Warriors "Universal Warrior" Slide on Mega Camper

Karl of Oz

Observer
Hi Ozzy,
It sounds a bit scary when you add it up, and I'm still going, but the end is near (funds are considerably smashed!)

I got the truck brand new and the dealer will fit a DC performance chip and register it as part of delivery for just over $71k.
Add nearly $30k for the ATW truck mods (diff breathers, parabolic suspension, diff lock, Hayman Reece towbar, 200 litre fuel tank, super singles, bull bar etc etc), and then about another $150k for the "camper" at last count.

The camper body is going to be mounted on All Terrain's sprung tray (see previous pics in this thread) which has detached sides for tray use when the body is removed.

The "camper" now includes:
Independently controlled electric 900kg jacks, fully automatic satellite system with extra IR remote sensors and 22" TV, extra wiring for future appliances, a very fancy sound system that has blue tooth ability to send to other speakers (a long way from the old "tape deck"), Thetford gas oven/grill (for doing oyster mornay) and 3 burners, a 23 litre Suburban gas hot water system, Thetford ceramic bowl flush toilet, 540 watts of solar (4 x 135w) 420 A/h battery capacity, 50 A/h Victron solar + 50A/h DC-DC Sterling regulators, Dometic Freshjet 3200 air conditioner, retractable steps for entry, another spare wheel and carrier (making it two all up), and a water resistant bathroom cupboard for putting 400 different types of apple and black current flavoured shampoo and my toothbrush in. It will also have 2 fridges, one a new Webasto 85 litre upright and my old 65 litre National Luna freezer (which can go to -30 degrees C). It has 200 litre water capacity and 60 litre grey water capacity. The shower drain runs to a sump and then is pumped up to the waste tank. There is also an outside shower.
I wanted gas as I find it reliable and quick. I was turned off by having to wait 20 minutes (so I'm told) to heat just 1 litre of water for a cuppa under a diesel system and wanted more for cooking than just a hot plate and warmer. I definitely wanted a grill.

Oh and the truck will have extra handles and steps to get into the thing.

I think this will be a good rig. Bloody hope so. It is the product of lots of beer, vodka, dreaming and thinking! All Terrain turned it all into reality. All Terrain Warriors will make these to order so the price will vary according to what you want to do.

Karl

Last edited:

Andelles

Observer
Hey karl how do you get a dealer fitted chip my dealer didnt want to no anything about it .do you get waranty with it

Karl of Oz

Observer
When I called Mitsubishi FUSO HQ I was told that fitting such evil aftermarket performance devices "could" void warranty. However if after market parts are "designed for said vehicle", services are carried out "on schedule", and the parts are "fit for purpose" it should not void warranty. Otherwise you could not fit appropriate bull bars, radios, winches, or any other after market parts (I saw a claim that Mazda tried on a bloke who had continual gearbox problems where they claimed fitting a UHF radio effected the warranty. They lost that battle!).

This link may help: http://chiptuning.com.au/aftermarket-parts-and-statute-warranties/ There are probably others.

While doing business with the dealer (a regional dealer) and seeking what extras I could get fitted I simply asked if they could fit one of these chips, he said yes, and so it was included in the price and I signed up to purchase it.

The power from the chip I am using has the same output that this engine already puts out on one of FUSO's other similar vehicles so the engine can certainly cope with it.

Bushy62

Carl,
the performance chips are great but even better is a remap of the ecu. I have a 2009 canter which I purchased new and had the chip from new. Just had the ecu remapped and the chip removed after another owner did the same. Even better than the chip.
Cheers
Bushy62

4x4coaster

Adventurer
Carl,
the performance chips are great but even better is a remap of the ecu. I have a 2009 canter which I purchased new and had the chip from new. Just had the ecu remapped and the chip removed after another owner did the same. Even better than the chip.
Cheers
Bushy62

Bushy,
who does the re-mapping?
if re-mapping gets a better result than a chip why are chips being fitted?
curious and interested for my NPS!

grinch

Remapping of ecus is only a fairly new thing for the Japanese stuff, yanks have been doing it for years, a lot of tuners are only just getting the software.

Karl of Oz

Observer
Hi Bushy,

I will look into this, although I'm not sure how this newer 3 litre motor will compare with your one. Fuso obviously can re-map (or up chip?) them as they sell the same engine in one of their bigger 918 trucks with an increased power output which is very similar to the DC chip's output. I was looking at the Steinbauer chip but the dealer made a mistake and ordered the DC which is probably better in light of a few things I've read on this forum, and they are not too far from where I live so I can get a bit of direct after sales service if need be.
I think there is a place in Sydney that might do this re-mapping, but there is that old threat of warranty issues......

Will see where this leads from other's experience.......

Karl

Karl of Oz

Observer
Well, a couple more pics as it comes together.......not much but at least there is somewhere to sit and ponder!

Attachments

• IMG_4772.jpg
    IMG_4772.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4767.jpg
    IMG_4767.jpg
    427.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4769.jpg
    IMG_4769.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4770.jpg
    IMG_4770.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 85

Karl of Oz

Observer
Well, a couple more pics as it comes together.......not much but at least there is somewhere to sit and ponder!

Not long to go now.....completion anticipated 16th September.
A few progress pics taken last week at ATW...

Attachments

• Right side.jpg
    Right side.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Outside door entrance.jpg
    Outside door entrance.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Door entrance.jpg
    Door entrance.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 697
  • Vanity cabinet at door entrance.jpg
    Vanity cabinet at door entrance.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 699
  • Kitchen oven from entrance.jpg
    Kitchen oven from entrance.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 695
  • View into lounge area from kitchen.jpg
    View into lounge area from kitchen.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Solar, 12v12v + 240 behind freezer area.jpg
    Solar, 12v12v + 240 behind freezer area.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 699
  • 85 Lt Fridge - freezer goes underneath.jpg
    85 Lt Fridge - freezer goes underneath.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 690
  • USB-240VAC-CIG-Fancy blue tooth radio etc.jpg
    USB-240VAC-CIG-Fancy blue tooth radio etc.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Long lounge.jpg
    Long lounge.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 97

Karl of Oz

Observer
Not long to go now.....completion anticipated 16th September.
A few progress pics taken last week at ATW...

And a couple more pics....

Attachments

• 240 AC Circuit breakers.jpg
    240 AC Circuit breakers.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Gas + hot water cabinet etc.jpg
    Gas + hot water cabinet etc.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Outside under storage + buggered if I know box.jpg
    Outside under storage + buggered if I know box.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 59

Forum statistics