Explorer
34x10.5 ko2s mounted today.
5e6afce78cd301992ed60b3ba22f07c1.jpg
98df9d05f78216a901f0a048b4761026.jpg
db84a731f653cff7554ebb4624b8dcf9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go4Lo

Explorer
Truck looks great. How do you like fit and finish of the Bestop?

I think you could have gotten away with a larger tire. Could you measure the tires and give us the actual height size?

Benc

Explorer
Truck looks great. How do you like fit and finish of the Bestop?

I think you could have gotten away with a larger tire. Could you measure the tires and give us the actual height size?

Thanks,
The hardware and frame work are pretty flimsy and I don't believe it is a direct fit on the 16 Tacoma, I had to modify the rear window frame a bit as the 2nd gen taco tail gate steps down a bit and the 3rd gen is flat.
I like the look and function once installed but they could have done much better with the frame.

The tires measure 33.5" and trimming the inner fender and folding the pinch weld was needed. I may have to trim the body mount as well.

Benc

Explorer
Looks like arb just released there bp-51 kit for the Tacoma, figures it comes 2 days after I installed the cheep lift. Prob be a month or 2 but that will be the lift I'm planing on installing.
I have heard great things about the Bp-51s on other applications so I'm excited to see how they handle on the Tacoma!

Benc

Explorer
Started on the front bumper today, going to play around with different light options but am pretty happy with the direction it's going.
The blue tape is what I'm going to play around with for grill guard.
b3828d2812d189fef6ba9bcfc9ad3b48.jpg
c1cad36eb27a5f897adfc92cf19a13af.jpg
1f7b7453a6c28bfffd943c436611c17b.jpg
d00537abb5e7b82f0b0b888bdb42acd6.jpg
fa5d4e66d94c78d40498a5440974d12a.jpg

thethePete

Explorer
Looks cool. Have you thought about trimming the bottom/front of the fender and kicking the flares up straight across at the bottom of the headlight, or are you gonna just od a filler panel for that's there?

Benc

Explorer
Looks cool. Have you thought about trimming the bottom/front of the fender and kicking the flares up straight across at the bottom of the headlight, or are you gonna just od a filler panel for that's there?

Thought about it but there are already several that do that and I'm personally not a big fan of the smily face look.
I'm thinking about eliminating the lights in the bumper and building a custom fog light can to house a 6" led light bar to fill the factory fog cutout.
I will play around with a few different ideas and see what looks best.

bkg

Explorer
Thought about it but there are already several that do that and I'm personally not a big fan of the smily face look.
I'm thinking about eliminating the lights in the bumper and building a custom fog light can to house a 6" led light bar to fill the factory fog cutout.
I will play around with a few different ideas and see what looks best.

I like that idea

Benc

Explorer
Finished welding and sanding the bumper today,
Also mocked up some filler plates. The lights and winch should be here tomorrow so I will play around with those then.
Here is some pics with the filler plates.
Let me know what you guys think.
0456af72b5d174a9aea532dad8d4563e.jpg
c267d2ff870d41be7065d3412cc975a1.jpg
552e369fdc2e8a9bd99d2694818d318f.jpg

thethePete

Explorer
Nice. I was trying to visualize how the filler panels would look, I like the way you left the little gap at the edges. It's gonna look great once it's all painted up. I had originally thought it might look neat to tuck lights down in there, now I'm wondering if it would be too busy; but this is all pictures, not real life. Hard to get a real feel for the lines.

Benc

Explorer
Nice. I was trying to visualize how the filler panels would look, I like the way you left the little gap at the edges. It's gonna look great once it's all painted up. I had originally thought it might look neat to tuck lights down in there, now I'm wondering if it would be too busy; but this is all pictures, not real life. Hard to get a real feel for the lines.

I think the lights will look good but I do think it will get busy with lights there and in the bumper. I think it would have to be either or, in the bumper or in the filler. I'll play around with it tomorrow and get some pics.

SnowLizard

I vote for a cleaner bumper and put the 6" led bar in the above gap, it will help protect the lights better from dmg. the cleaner bumper will have less fab time, granted more weight...

I'm kinda surprised you didn't transition more into the factory skids... soon other skids could tie into it...

one last note, with the 9 inch round LED spots in the grill you eat up some space to tuck the winch up higher in the front... just an opinionated observation...

now granted, I'm not a welder and I really like the design you came up with, so keep it coming!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles