Dissent offroad 2016 Tacoma trd build.

Benc

Explorer
Nice!
I love mine.
Let me know if you need any help with the build ;)

As for the logo, no it has nothing to do with Howard stern. The fist has been used for a long time for many different things,
It went well with the name dissent, the idea behind the name and logo is I'm dissenting the current idea that armor has to be bulky and heavy and my products will always be different from all the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loubaru

Adventurer
I have been bitten by the shopping for new rig bug. I was looking at buying a new willys unlimited. I priced the TRD 4 door SB and found that it was at least 7500 dollars cheaper than the willys. PLUS...you get better mileage than the Colorado diesel, and tons of features not in the willys version of the jeep. Taco TRD it is. With the cost savings, I can add a good suspension, bumpers and everything else to the taco and still be in the same price range. BenC, Did your logo hit em with the HIEN or was that coincidence ?

Buhahaha. Never thought I'd see a Hit them with the Hiiiiieeeeenn reference here. I had actually thought the same thing about the logo.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
ha ha ha....who's High pitch! back to the truck...I test drove the exact truck I want! ITS AWESOME. I will be looking for front and rear bumpers for sure...maybe other things too! I will be looking you up benc when the time comes!

Very inspiring build! I noticed a picture with your family. I too have three small children and really want to build off the Tacoma platform but am worried we just won't fit. Do all five of you travel in your Tacoma and does it leave you longing for more space?

tweakit88

The Taco's rear seats (in the double cab) are smaller than that of any normal-sized SUV. I can't imagine having three people there on a regular basis.

I have my three kids in mine on a regular basis. Plenty of room. Even the car seats fit well. Going on a 6 day expedition starting saturday in my 3rd gen with the wife, kids, and dog.

Benc

Explorer
Very inspiring build! I noticed a picture with your family. I too have three small children and really want to build off the Tacoma platform but am worried we just won't fit. Do all five of you travel in your Tacoma and does it leave you longing for more space?

Yes we travel a lot!
About 15-20k miles a year,
Our big trip is about 7k miles in 2-3 weeks.
It's plenty comfortable for my wife and I plus our 10, 7 and 4 year old.
The back seat is fairly comfortable but there isn't much room for gear in the cab with all five inside.
The trick is organization!
Having a designated spot for everything is key, the rack and bed organization helps out tremendously.
We do have a small offroad travel trailer we take on the long trips and are able to have that fully stocked with all our camping gear.

grandpa

A few pics from cruise Moab a couple weeks ago!
Got to do some good testing on some of my products!
Ran hells revenge and poison spider along with some easier trails.
677dfad11d28d55b96fe0053f43dd150.jpg

Can you provide some information or a review on the tent on the white vehicle?
Thanks.

Benc

Explorer
Can you provide some information or a review on the tent on the white vehicle?
Thanks.

The tent is a free spirt recreation adventure series automatic.
Only have a few trips with it so far but it has been great!

Benc

Explorer
Installed the first set of roof load bars today!
There will be a side skirting to match the bed rack an a front wind fairing, there will also be the option for additional load bars.
The rack is about 2 1/4" higher that the tallest part of the cab and continues at the same height as the bed rack.
8f5e0a8fddb67da361feaaf584980e8d.jpg
14ec0955bd7a493d30b9b5f1ec8e8311.jpg
5f4a532f1e78ea68b535074a02534013.jpg
20ebed85de63b780435095fa59df4dba.jpg
0c9e8cf29915b317a4af167bda6a7c41.jpg
67973f146f4ff4d598e618b8fc0c1cab.jpg

Happykamper

Explorer
Ben your absolutely right !!!! Waiting is indeed the hardest part !!!! I really want to take another trip to see the new cab rack and the bed rack without the RTT :) twiddling my thumbs and toe thumbs !!:) is the lader even possible ???

Looks great !!!

L3TT3RS

@pooping_outside
Installed the first set of roof load bars today!
There will be a side skirting to match the bed rack an a front wind fairing, there will also be the option for additional load bars.
The rack is about 2 1/4" higher that the tallest part of the cab and continues at the same height as the bed rack.
8f5e0a8fddb67da361feaaf584980e8d.jpg
14ec0955bd7a493d30b9b5f1ec8e8311.jpg
5f4a532f1e78ea68b535074a02534013.jpg
20ebed85de63b780435095fa59df4dba.jpg
0c9e8cf29915b317a4af167bda6a7c41.jpg
67973f146f4ff4d598e618b8fc0c1cab.jpg

I'm strangely aroused by this. I'm ready to see what else you got. I'm officially a fanboy...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94