Bruder Expedition Campers

Steve F

Adventurer
Have they even sold any in Australia? Their website hasn't added anything in many months.

They are huge, can't imagine I'll ever see any here on those true offroad locations. A lot of the video is on Fraser Island, it's too big to get off the main beach on any inland tracks so not especially practical for that sort of location either. To me it's just a fancy caravan as most of our "proper" offroad locations won't fit a trailer that size, one of the reason we have so many tent trailers here :) In saying that, as a touring trailer, with dirt roads etc it would be great but there are lots of other less extreme cheaper options...

Cheers
Steve

Greatest_Dane

Observer
I am going to give this threat a little more life by asking; Has anyone in the U.S. owned or seen one of these yet? Since it's been almost a year, anyone have any comments on them?

SamM

Adventurer
This camper is heavy. What would you pull it with in the US? It exceeds the weight that can be pulled by even the JKU. A full-size truck would not be as capable as the trailer. The only thing that comes to mind is the custom built ICON FJ45. That's a lot of coin!

SamM

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
This camper is heavy. What would you pull it with in the US? It exceeds the weight that can be pulled by even the JKU. A full-size truck would not be as capable as the trailer. The only thing that comes to mind is the custom built ICON FJ45. That's a lot of coin!

SamM

A lot of coin indeed. Seems like an AEV Prospector would be a good match.

Greatest_Dane

Observer
It exceeds the weight that can be pulled by even the JKU.

SamM

I guess I never thought of the JKU as a towing vehicle. It comes in at a weight of 3700lbs unloaded. That's around 55% of the Tacoma towing capacity (6800).

Last edited:

SamM

Adventurer
The JKU is rated for 3500#. My 2-door JK is only rated for 2000#. Looks like the Tacoma would be the better choice.

SamM

Ohmeakulpa

Any of these make it stateside yet? I've been considering an Airstream for full time living but I am reconsidering...would tow with my 1991 HDJ-81....is anyone currently waiting in delivery?

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
I wonder if they build one that has a small fission reactor in it. Think of the weight you'd save with no generator, no storage batteries, no solar panels...

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
I wonder if they build one that has a small fission reactor in it. Think of the weight you'd save with no generator, no storage batteries, no solar panels...

Last I heard they had to ditch the fission reactor but were working on a portable cold fusion setup in an arb fridge.

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Last I heard they had to ditch the fission reactor but were working on a portable cold fusion setup in an arb fridge.

Since a good friend of mine was one of the two professors who reported cold fusion in 1989, I can tell you for certain that it won't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles