1974 crew cab

hayduke357

Not sure what direction I am going with it
7e73c95c696cf9bdaaab53cfb8b9ec64.jpg
but I think a diesel swap is in its future after I get the body put back together. Truck used to be a hog rig with a flat bed and completely rhino lined. Has a good running 360 and Dana 60s all the way around, c6 trans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Korben

Adventurer
Cool rig, not a lot of dentside 4WD crew-cabs running around. Me I'd start with finding a style-side bed and do a 7.3IDI transplant.
A friend of mine is doing something cool but isn't done yet, maybe you can copy or beat him to it(but his is 2WD), think it would be the first. The joining together of a dent-side crew cab and the back half of a Super Camper Special. I personally think it would be awesome and want to move the rear axle back on my 89 Crew LB to accomplish the same thing.

hayduke357

It had a old handmade flat bed. I got the step side bed for free so just playing around with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mkitchen

Explorer
Nice find

What a great find! Where did you find it? Looking forward to seeing what direction you go with it. Lots of potential there. If you live in the area of Utah or Arizona, check out the Relic Run for Utah and the Old Iron Run in AZ. Fixed up or as is, you would fit right in.
Mikey

RiverCityDave

красный октябрь
Man that thing is awesome. The overlanding bug in me came from when I was a kid my dad had a 77 Crew Cab with a 460 and a 4 speed. This thing was HUGE. It was bright red, I'll never forget that truck. Have you seen the Jonesy's garage conversion? They do a Powerstroke into a similar truck.

sizeimage.jpg
ours was very much like this picture here, except it was red.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Love those old crew cabs! Though I don't think the fender-side/step-side (can't remember what Ford called it) bed doesn't look "right" with the crew cab. Still a great old rig. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
BTW, I seem to recall that Ford was the only company back in the 60's-70's to produce a crew cab short bed (CCSB.) I seem to recall that with GM and Dodge, if you got a crew cab it came with the long bed. At least, I've never seen a short bed Dodge or Chevy crew cab from that era.

hayduke357

I am thinking a 4 cylinder Cummings. I guy I know put one in his single can and worked pretty well. Don't know how well it would do In crew cab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justcuz

Explorer
Love those old crew cabs! Though I don't think the fender-side/step-side (can't remember what Ford called it) bed doesn't look "right" with the crew cab. Still a great old rig. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
BTW, I seem to recall that Ford was the only company back in the 60's-70's to produce a crew cab short bed (CCSB.) I seem to recall that with GM and Dodge, if you got a crew cab it came with the long bed. At least, I've never seen a short bed Dodge or Chevy crew cab from that era.

Dodge made crew cab short beds also, starting with the Sweptline series. Chevy however did not offer a factory shortbed crew cab in the 60's 70's or 80's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles