Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: MAOF - Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival 2016 - Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Hyland View Post
    We had a great time. Nice to see so many familiar faces again, and the new trails were fun. I've spoken with a lot of the vendors and we may adjust the dates next year to be in a cooler season.
    Thanks everyone who came. Please post up your picks, I was running around and didn't really take any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey Ray that would be a good plan...my wife and I made it to Charlottesville, VA and decided to spend the weekend at a resort with A/C...we have camped plenty but when the ambient in 95+ the Jet Tent can become a sauna. We were hoping to get away from some of the SC heat and enjoy the "cool" temps of PA....anyway we will try again next year.
    2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD QT2
    GDE ECO Tune 241hp/440torque
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...d-Cherokee-CRD

Thanks for posting up photos! I was so busy talking to people about Lizard Maps and suggesting different routes that i didn't shoot nearly as many pics as I wanted. All the fearcasting about rain and we got one 10 minute afternoon shower, which was delightful to run around in. It was a beautiful, although steamy hot, weekend to be part of a great gathering of folks. There were a few swimming lakes within 10 minutes so people could escape for a while.

The food was fantastic - EcoVents (from Millheim, PA) showed up with a massive homebuilt smoker on a flatbed trailer (it's name is Leroy) and cooked up brisket, BBQ tofu, corn on the cob, potatoes, mac and cheese as well as breakfast burritos. Standing Stone Coffee (from Huntingdon, PA) was there every day with coffee and muffins in the morning, but the iced coffee and smoothies were the ticket to get thru those hot afternoons.

The presentations were all top-notch, and the evening films and presentations under the moon and stars were about as perfect as it gets. And people got to drive a UniMog! Thank you to everyone who came out and made this event such a fun weekend.

The EcoVents food crew arrived in a topless 4Runner and a Willy's. I can't resist a nice 80 Series and this one was a perfect unicorn - cloth interior, no sunroof, solid rear window, triple-locked and well built. Bryan Dorr's Exploring Elements rig is always fun to see and he is always fun to talk with. And you could take hot lap in a UniMog!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mike h; 08-17-2016 at 10:38 PM.
    4 wheels:
    2010 Tundra Crewmax / OME suspension / Slee sliders / BudBuilt skids / TRD wheels / 34x10.5/17 BFGs / Leer 180 cap
    2014 RAV4. With Blizzacks, AWD and a rear locker this pretty much beats the Tundra until it gets deep.

2 wheels:
    2003 Honda 50 for the backyard
    2008 KLR650 for the back roads
    2007 Honda ST1300 for the open roads
    Salsa Vaya for the gravel roads
    Fisher Rumblefish 29er for the technical trails

www.purplelizard.com

Here's a few more: Scott Brady gave a few great talks, this one was on tires. I thought I was pretty well versed in tires but I definatley learned a lot. When somebody shows up with a giant smoker on a flatbed with a wood stove welded to the front half you know there will be some good eats happening: EcoVents did not disappoint! The one rain shower was a strong one, but we had ample warning and actually enjoyed running round in it, once we got our tents situated. Central PA is simply a beautiful place to explore!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mike h; 08-17-2016 at 10:42 PM.
    4 wheels:
    2010 Tundra Crewmax / OME suspension / Slee sliders / BudBuilt skids / TRD wheels / 34x10.5/17 BFGs / Leer 180 cap
    2014 RAV4. With Blizzacks, AWD and a rear locker this pretty much beats the Tundra until it gets deep.

2 wheels:
    2003 Honda 50 for the backyard
    2008 KLR650 for the back roads
    2007 Honda ST1300 for the open roads
    Salsa Vaya for the gravel roads
    Fisher Rumblefish 29er for the technical trails

www.purplelizard.com

Default It WAS hot....

But boy, was it FUN!!!

HUGE Thanks and huge shout out to The Henwoods, Ray and his hard working family, Scott, Bryon, Bobbie, Don, Erik, Mario and ALL the Vendors that made the Festival a hit!! It was a really nice, laid back weekend, with awesome things to do and see around every corner. The rain surrounded us a few times, but all in all, just a few showers. Never a shortage of good folks and old friends, incredible overland setups, educational classes, and stunning eye candy in every direction with the all the AT Trailers and 4wheel Campers.

Now a few shots..

Till next year!!
    The R.O.A.M. Camper Build...Recreation Optimized Allterrian Module
    In Development....R.O.A.M II
    2016 White Trail Edition Premium /Work in Progress

Great photos Pat! Thank you for sharing them!
    M1102 Teardrop thingamajig camper
    2013 Tacoma Build
    1997 Land Cruiser Build

Check out our Blog!
    https://www.lonestaradventurer.com

Default SWEATSTIVAL: Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival 2016

Sorry for the delay, but just put together my photos and a writeup about the event. SOOO fun! Was really good to catch up with and meet so many new awesome overland folks. HUGE shout out to the Henwoods, Ray, Marianne, Mario and Anne for hosting and putting together such a great event. See you guys and gals down the road less traveled. Cheers...

SWEATSTIVAL: Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival 2016

www.ExploringElements.com
    FOR SALE- EEXP:'01 Dodge 2500 Cummins Ext Cab Short Wheelbase 4x4 with custom composite camper
    '06 KTM 950 Adventure
    Sold: '05 KTM 640 Adventure
    Sold: '02 Ford E350 EB Sportsmobile 7.3L Diesel Quigley 4x4

Default Move it to the FALL

4Runner TRDPRO
    Wrap: Full Front, Entire Roof
    40" Ridgid LED, Road Shower, 35%Tint, Weather Tech, AVS Hood and Windows,
    41qt Fridge, Gobi Stealth, ARB Awning, ARB Awning Room

There is plenty to do in fall. I think the time of year is perfect, but, yes it can be hot. In all reality, if you can't handle a festival with dynamic weather, how are you going to do when traveling for periods of time.......

"There is no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"

A short crappy video of the recovery exercise.

SamM

https://youtu.be/4Ei8WjeSGRY
    2018 KYMCO Spade 150i
    2017 Coleman CT200U
    2013 Jeep JK MOAB 2-Door
    2011 Schutt Industries LTT-LQG
    http://forum.expeditionportal.com/th...-Trailer-Build

Overland Bound Founding Member #288

http://www.adventuremen.org <><

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112