"One Piece At A Time" Build

Corneilius

Adventurer
Can you tell me more about your foot pump for the sink? Maybe even a link to the product??? Thank you.

http://www.fisheriessupply.com/sea-dog-line-galley-foot-pump

It works great, easy to use. Self primes and holds the water on the "pressure" side. I LOVE not having to touch a faucet everytime. Usually my hands are dirty and it just seems cleaner. 3gallons per minute is actually a little too much lol. Gotta pump it slowly or it'll splash ya.

Corneilius

Adventurer
I prefer to own my dogs, but I guess a lease option would be nice on vet days....

Yeah these two have good days and bad days. We started with one perfect dog, then (thinking we were just good at training dogs) got another (****ty) dog. Now we just have 2 OK dogs.

Corneilius

Adventurer
Thanks, how was the buying experience from that place?

Fast shipping, no complaints at all. The box included a full exploded parts diagram and you can buy "rebuild kits" for them if an O ring fails. Im thinking about buying the seal kit just to keep handy. Pump is very tight, input and output nozzles can rotate about 50degrees to relieve hose kinks. I do wish the hoses came in from the left rather than the right. The more expensive brand you can select your hose input side. It is a "galley foot pump" if you're searching.

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
I'm tempted for the sink because the water pump I have is a electric hog... but nice for showers.

Thanks for the info.

Corneilius

Adventurer
This is a project i'd been meaning to get to for a while. Swivel seats really open up an interior ( and are invariably the first question people ask about a camper van). My van didn't come with one, and I couldn't justify spending the $ for the commercially available units. That is money that I rather spend elsewhere on things I can't make. So after a few CAD hours, came up with this heavy SOB. It uses a 99-04 unit bearing as the pivot. I had access to several good take-offs and figure if it will hold a 37 that hits a pot hole at 75 MPH it'll hold a seat.

Also, I can't think of anything more "Expo" then carrying a spare wheel bearing in a functional capacity. God willing ill never have to change it on the side of the road, but I could. Still working on perfecting the latch mechaninsim.

Navi

Adventurer
Love the seat swivel. I've used a similar setup for other projects before and designed (but haven't built yet) a small teacup style merry-go-round for the kiddo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles