Offroading in South Borneo - Indonesia

nixau

Just finished the event last weekend.. maybe many of you haven't heard of this event called Meratus Expedition 2016. Took place in Meratus Highlands, South Kalimantan.

24.jpg

22.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg

13.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

acg

Adventurer
Apa khabar! I used to travel to the region a few times a year for a number of years for work in the Kalimantan Tengah and Timur regions. I work in the transportation sector supporting the logging and mining segment. I consider off-roading in this tropical terrain (humidity, clay mud and vast vegetation) one of the toughest experiences around. Tough on the vehicles and people. I enjoyed seeing your pics! Bagus gambars!

nixau

Baik!

This expedition mission was to connect a path from one village to another so at least the villagers could use it. The path existed around 30 years ago but when we came there it was covered by thick bushes and so on. The biggest challenge was the weather, angry insects, up and downs of emotions during the trip and ofcourse the trek itself that consisted of muddy, rocky, negative slopes, neverending V-slopes and extreme contour. Thank you for checking out my thread.

this is the last video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles