LR3: Anyone using 286/60/18 BFG AT KO2?

Hey y'all,

Just wanted to update my own thread and say the LT285/60R18 BFG AT KO2 fits just as well at the Nitto TG in the same size w/o a full-time lift. I can tell that the tire is actually a little narrower, which I like. Have only driven a few miles, but so far so good. I hope this helps someone using the search function one of these days.

Best regards,

Dave

Awesome man glad to see it worked out they look great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Legacy

Adventurer
Will they still roll of dropped to the bump stops?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I can't say for absolutely certain, but my 285/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers did just fine riding on the bump stops on at least a handful of occasions. The BFG AT KO2s look a little narrower and are specified by the manufacture to be 0.1" smaller in overall diameter.

zelatore

Explorer
PhoBucket, I haven't tried that specific brand and size but by the math they should still run fine on the bumpstops.

TMR

Sorry to bump an old thread. How do the KO2's compare with the Terra Grapplers? Anyone else also compare these with the Cooper Zeon LTZ?

TMR

Great, thanks for the feedback guys.

Now the next question. 285/60/18 vs 265/60/18 vs 265/65/18

Going with an e-load range for all sizes, KO2's. I'm siding more towards the 265/60/18 as the truck is my daily driver and so gearing and mileage should be more optimal with the lower diameter. That plus the fear of riding on bumpstops should the EAS fault. Thoughts?

DiscoDavis

Explorer
Great, thanks for the feedback guys.

Now the next question. 285/60/18 vs 265/60/18 vs 265/65/18

Going with an e-load range for all sizes, KO2's. I'm siding more towards the 265/60/18 as the truck is my daily driver and so gearing and mileage should be more optimal with the lower diameter. That plus the fear of riding on bumpstops should the EAS fault. Thoughts?

265 65 18

Why go any wider than that. Even better: 255 70 18, can't confirm it wont rub though, yet.

Dave Legacy

Adventurer
I have always run 285/60/18 and it’s been a good size for me being not full-time lifted and on EAS: 285/60/18 will clear even when the truck is lowered to the bumpstops in the event of a fault. I do believe 265/65/18 will as well.

You’ll need to verify this, but I kind of recall that 265/65/18 MIGHT allow you to use snow chains. DO NOT take me word for this - I haven’t been paying attention for a long time. I can tell you that 285/60/18 will not allow for chains, but the KO2s have a severe weather rating so they’re not as bad off as the Nitto TGs.

Fuel economy is for commuter cars - let your rover be a rover.

Ash@Geared

I went 265/65 and think it's a good balance of improved performance in the dirt with minimal sacrifice in terms of on road performance and braking characteristics. Fuel economy took a small hit but not as bad as I'd expected.

My truck isn't a wheeler, and the extent of dirt it sees is really just for trailhead access for two-wheeled fun, so your needs may require more tire than mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles