My Quest to Add a Long Range Fuel Tank To My LR4 Begins

Jwestpro

Explorer
I cannot recall if my tank is LRA or Long Ranger but it's what ARB briefly brought in a few years ago. 108 L and when I've filled up from almost empty one time I got 52 gallons in total.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I, like my fellow LR owner, ColoDisco, will be following this thread eagerly. I have removed my spare and it is now mounted on a Technical 4x4 rear bumper with swing away mount, leaving me with the required space for an additional petrol fuel tank for extended range. Especially interested in the 'engineered' innies and outies for the fuel.
Just this AM looking at the available space under there and bemoaning lifting Nato cans off the roof to refill the stock tank, and it is often a messy job.

Jwestpro

Explorer
I, like my fellow LR owner, ColoDisco, will be following this thread eagerly. I have removed my spare and it is now mounted on a Technical 4x4 rear bumper with swing away mount, leaving me with the required space for an additional petrol fuel tank for extended range. Especially interested in the 'engineered' innies and outies for the fuel.
Just this AM looking at the available space under there and bemoaning lifting Nato cans off the roof to refill the stock tank, and it is often a messy job.

You just have me an idea for alternate storage: simple dual or triple Jerry can cage mounted under there. It could be balance hinged to be easy pivoting drop to gain access ;) I'm pretty much joking but it would work

You guys with proper steel bumpers need to realize it's way cheaper and multi-functional to just put on a 2-3 Jerry can cage on a left mounted swing arm. For example, Kaymar really misses this opportunity with only having a single but I've seen keeps and Land Cruisers with mounts holding 2 cans. By maximizing the space, 3 could be fitted and you could choose if one is water, or 2, etc.

You just have me an idea for alternate storage: simple dual or triple Jerry can cage mounted under there. It could be balance hinged to be easy pivoting drop to gain access ;) I'm pretty much joking but it would work

You guys with proper steel bumpers need to realize it's way cheaper and multi-functional to just put on a 2-3 Jerry can cage on a left mounted swing arm. For example, Kaymar really misses this opportunity with only having a single but I've seen keeps and Land Cruisers with mounts holding 2 cans. By maximizing the space, 3 could be fitted and you could choose if one is water, or 2, etc.

I like the idea of a hinged storage compartment under that space. Not sure what I would put under there because I wouldn't want anything electrical unless it was sealed but then it wouldn't breath so it would burn up. Zombie storage kit assuming you are not burried up to the bumpers when you need it......ahahhahaaha :wings:

mass

Observer
Even a single can would be rad, because if you puncture it you're not out the entire gas system/repairs... you just get another can... hmmm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke