BoldAdventures 2015 Power Wagon Build

OMAdv

Knock on wood, I've had zero issues, and I've never heard of issues with rattles. Problems I don't have. Hope my luck doesn't run out. I've heard bad things about 3rd gen's though, I'd stay away from that era. I've also heard 2010-203 will most likely need most of the front suspension replaced.

I have seen some issues with the 2017's crop up on the forums. I dunno if it's because the redesigned styling attracted a lot of new buyers or what. But the 2017 suposedly has surpassed all previous model years for the Power Wagon. WOW

Most of that seems to be around oddities too. I haven't seen a consistent trend.

Thanks, that's good to hear. You're probably right, most of the guys I talk to that complain are complaining about the Dodge truck they owned 8-15 years ago and not the new RAM stuff. You're definitely helping to push me towards the PW side.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Thanks, that's good to hear. You're probably right, most of the guys I talk to that complain are complaining about the Dodge truck they owned 8-15 years ago and not the new RAM stuff. You're definitely helping to push me towards the PW side.

Im still a relatively new owner of my PW, I purchased it used (2017 with 14k on the clock) and I'm nearing 6k miles that I've personally put on it. The only real quality issue i have with it so far, is the design of the emergency brake hanger on the driver side, which the cables running through it tend to make very audible squeaks as the rubber liner rubs against the metal hanger. While this is easily fixable by either lubricating it, sleeving it with plastic or wrapping it whatever the hell you want - thats really it.

I keep hearing about the 3rd brake light leaking, but so far mine hasn't leaked - though from what i gather its only a matter of time before the gasket shrinks enough. But apparently replacing it with a aftermarket model is all thats needed.

either way, FCA is the best thing thats happened to the product line in a long time. You can see that purely from the 2012 model refresh of the Jeep JK with its new powertrain and interior. FCA means business and they have their sights set on Ford.

mikekey

Deplorable
27540571_573642336361528_3335819353496514083_n.jpg

A few pieces of the upcoming additions arrived today. Still will be a few weeks before I install this. Will be the weekend I do the axle truss.

mikekey

Deplorable
Some photos of the goods, installed!!!

I am really loving the shocks. Don has these dialed in perfectly. We started with Stage 3 valving and then adjusted for slower speed hits, crawling and general offroading that I like to do. On road, these shocks are fanastic. Offroad, they're freaking AMAZEBALLS! Really soak up the hits. Drops off of ledges are nice and soft. The "touch down" or "landing" when you come off a ledge is like a soft bounce with easy rebound. Side to side rocking is competely gone. Overall the truck just feels so much more stable.

Washboard roads are smooth as pavement. And at speed, they're a lot of fun. But on the small, annoying stuff, Thuren has these dialed in perfectly!

29063100_1811542039142155_4784634661991088128_o.jpg

29028212_1811541919142167_1517322898119852032_o.jpg

Last edited:

Gibby56

Desert Rat
My rear Thuren sway bar links are installed the same direction. Are you worried about catching the zerk fittings on something? I've been back and forth about switching them around so the fittings angle up.

Sweet truck btw! Excited to see a trip report about with the new suspension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier