Stainless steel water tank

infra

n00b
Stainless steel water tank I had custom built that fits in a spare tire location under the bed on a 2nd gen tacoma, it hoists and lowers using the same system to hoist and lower the spare tire. It is roughly the size of a 32" tire, only filled it once and I forget the gallon capacity of this tank although I do believe it is 10+ gallons. Not willing to ship, located in Manitou Springs, Co. Taking a huge loss on this, asking $340.

infra

n00b
Someone did the math for me, apparently it holds 18.75 gallons. There is no spigot, just nipples allowing fill and drain lines to be attached. I was able to fill it while it was mounted under the bed and I simply let it drain via gravity.

bishop2queen's6

I did the maths and I calculated 18.92 gallons.

(Pi*(R1^2)) - (Pi*(R2^2)) * thickness.

R1=16 inches (overall radius)
R2= 1.75 inches (radius of inner opening)
Thickness= 5.5 inches

You cannot subtract the radius' then make the volume calc, i.e., Pi*((R1-R2)^2)* thickness. You need to subtract the respective areas to make the units match (2D) versus subtracting the radius then taking the area (1D vs 2D) is not correct.

So filled with water, it would theoretically weight 150 lbs, plus the weight of the tank.

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Really considering this, I'm in COS/Woodland park at the end of the month. If you have it still then I'm interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier