Kootenay's Pro4X Frontier

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
I have been very busy lately with work and life. We are going on our annual spring desert migration soon. A few mods I have done to the truck are a new bed platform in the back. And I put Titan Pro4x leather seats in. Best mod ever. Wow

Jc1986.carter

I have been very busy lately with work and life. We are going on our annual spring desert migration soon. A few mods I have done to the truck are a new bed platform in the back. And I put Titan Pro4x leather seats in. Best mod ever. Wow

Do you have any picture of the seat and what year titan fits? Did you have to do any mods to the titan seats to fit them?

kootenay

Sorry for the delay. Life has been interesting. I closed my store, as I managed to get my dream job in town, and that has kept me busy. To answer questions about the titan seat swap. First of all best mod ever. So freaking comfortable. We ended up doing a set in my Dad's Frontier as well. I swapped the cushions on the driver seat, upper and lower onto the stock Frontier frame. The passenger side lower seat cushion also swaps. The passenger side Titan seat has a fold flat option so the upper has been more work. On my Dad's truck we cut off the rivets holding the feet on and swapped them. The advantage was the passenger seat folds flat and he has the Titan upper and lower seat cushions. The down side is the Drivers side motors for the power seats use different connections so we don't have power yet. Working on seeing if we can swap motors or just rewire the plugs.

I have also pulled the pin on a Titan swap. The front medium duty Old Man Emu are only giving me .75" of lift now with 80k km on them. I am going to try out a set of the Bilstien 6112's for a Toyota tundra. I wanted a large body shock but did not want to go to an aftermarket race style coilover. They should arrive friday and then I can measure them.

kootenay

Good news the 6112 seem to be a perfect match, now just need to finish assembling the rest of the parts

kootenay

Took some photos of the Titan seats and the work that is needed to install them. Hopefully I can get a thread up in the next couple of days.

I also need help. Right no w I am torn between getting extended CV's and keeping my Lokka locked R180 front diff. I love the way it performs, and so far have no real reason to swap to the M205. The M205 CV's are stronger and way way cheaper, and so is the gearing. I can re gear the front and rear gears with a 205 for the price of the front gears for the R180. The CV's are also easier to swap out if broken. But then would I need to buy a front locker? How much would I miss a front locker? How often would I really be breaking CV's? As I haven't yet :unsure:

(none)

Adventurer
Took some photos of the Titan seats and the work that is needed to install them. Hopefully I can get a thread up in the next couple of days.

I also need help. Right no w I am torn between getting extended CV's and keeping my Lokka locked R180 front diff. I love the way it performs, and so far have no real reason to swap to the M205. The M205 CV's are stronger and way way cheaper, and so is the gearing. I can re gear the front and rear gears with a 205 for the price of the front gears for the R180. The CV's are also easier to swap out if broken. But then would I need to buy a front locker? How much would I miss a front locker? How often would I really be breaking CV's? As I haven't yet :unsure:

What gears are you thinking of going with? What size tires are you going up to?

Larger tires and the gears are more likely to break the CVs/diff. I don't think you'll really have any issue if you wheel smart and keep near stock tire size.

bigskypylot

Explorer

Larger tires and the gears are more likely to break the CVs/diff. I don't think you'll really have any issue if you wheel smart and keep near stock tire size.

plenty of rigs with R180s with larger (285) tires, most on 35 and larger have a T-swap with the M205. It's easier to replace a Titan CV than it is on an R180

Last edited:

kootenay

At this point 285's would be the tire size. As for gears I would probably go 4.10.

bigskypylot

Explorer
At this point 285's would be the tire size. As for gears I would probably go 4.10.

I've had 285s on with 3.36s and it's been more than adequate. Only reason I'm not upgrading to 4.10s with the 35s right away is because I'll have the power and money is tight after the swap. Have to build up the fund again lol

kootenay

I have been running the 3.36's with 285's and would like a regear. But I think at this point I might just do the 205 with stock gears and then regear in year or two, or maybe I should do it now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94