Kootenay's Pro4X Frontier

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
Last edited:

Gossemer75

I went with the Old Man Emu Medium duty kit, so it is around 3"

Where did you get your OME kit? are you running the med. leaf springs as well? I asked the where because I would like the same lift and most of what I read about the OME is you get maybe a 1.5" lift unless you go there HD route.. If 3" is what I can get then that's most likely the route I'll go..

kootenay

Where did you get your OME kit? are you running the med. leaf springs as well? I asked the where because I would like the same lift and most of what I read about the OME is you get maybe a 1.5" lift unless you go there HD route.. If 3" is what I can get then that's most likely the route I'll go..

I bought my kit from Cap-It Cranbrook. Their pricing was on par with Nisstec lifts, and they are local, so very happy. In fact I just ordered a second kit from them for my Dads truck. I am using the Medium duty kit and should measure now that the suspension has settled.
Beautiful photos!

Thanks, photography is fun for me, but I don't seem to have the time to make it a hobby.

Some big changes are coming for the truck. Many many new parts are on the way!!

hovenator

Explorer
Love the blu color, I have the gunmetal gray. I think OME is the way to go and will be installing the same lift soon. Also, how did you mount the light bar in the bumper opening? What size bar did you get?

kootenay

Love the blu color, I have the gunmetal gray. I think OME is the way to go and will be installing the same lift soon. Also, how did you mount the light bar in the bumper opening? What size bar did you get?
I liked the gunmetal gray as well.

I went with a dual row Rigid 20" Bar. I used the stock mounting brackets and wiring that came with the light bar. I cut the grill slates out of the lower opening and I also trimmed the bumper cover just where the mounting brackets sit. That way they are sitting directly on the metal bumper. I used self tapping bolts and they have stayed tight for 30k km+.

kootenay

Just came across a new Roof Top Tent company at a trade show today. Looks like pretty burly construction. The website should be up in 4 days. Stainless steel hardware and pivots. The poles are sleeved on the inside and aluminum base

Gossemer75

I bought my kit from Cap-It Cranbrook. Their pricing was on par with Nisstec lifts, and they are local, so very happy. In fact I just ordered a second kit from them for my Dads truck. I am using the Medium duty kit and should measure now that the suspension has settled.

Thanks for the update, and ya a remeasure with the springs settled would be great! It's interesting to hear all the variations in height folks are getting with OME...

kootenay

For those of you with Roof top tent experience can you please give me some feed back on this tent, as well as things to look for in a tent.
IMG_3228 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr
IMG_3229 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr
As well more and more of the new parts are arriving. Here is one of the more interesting ones
IMG_3235 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr
That is a Warrior winch 9500 Short Drum with Synthetic line. It only weights 46lbs!! Match that with the Aluminum bumper I have coming to hide it in and the front end should be under 110lbs. Bumper is a claimed weight of 60lbs. The winch has 50' of line on it. My idea of going with the short drum is that I did not want to carry around all of the extra weight of a longer line. Especially since winches are more efficient when all of the line is out. I will be carrying an extra 50' of winch extensions in the recovery bag so I will have the length when needed. I also grabbed a Factor 55 to use with it.

Last edited:

JBinAZ

That tent looks almost exactly like my Tepui Ayer. We love it and have about 20 nights in it now, from the mountains to the beach. Not interested in ground tent sleeping anymore ha ha

kootenay

Thanks for the update, and ya a remeasure with the springs settled would be great! It's interesting to hear all the variations in height folks are getting with OME...

Just measured today. Rear is sitting at 60cm or 23 5/8" hub center to fender. Front is sitting at 55cm or 21 5/8"

kootenay

I managed to mount the rear ARB bumper, although the rear fill panel is back ordered. It gave me almost 2" in rear clearance as the the trailer hitch now sits higher, so that was a huge advantage. A local shop was able to cut a piece of Aluminium to size for $30 so now I just need to drill and cut holes in it. I also had the canopy installed, and tomorrow I head down to Eureka to pick up the sliders and front Aluminium bumper and skid plates.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
I managed to mount the rear ARB bumper, although the rear fill panel is back ordered. It gave me almost 2" in rear clearance as the the trailer hitch now sits higher, so that was a huge advantage. A local shop was able to cut a piece of Aluminium to size for $30 so now I just need to drill and cut holes in it. I also had the canopy installed, and tomorrow I head down to Eureka to pick up the sliders and front Aluminium bumper and skid plates.

Okay now I'm jealous. I really like the ARB rear. Wish I had one. Can't wait to see pics of it installed, as well as all the other stuff! Should be a cool transformation.

MNCarl

The Moose
Whoa Whoa hey now , back the truck up.....Rear ARB bumper?
I cant wait to see pic's of the rear ARB bumper, don't see to many of these installed.

Edit: I couldnt wait for pics and googled rear ARB bumper Nissan Frontier. Wow that is going to be awesome.
Looks like bumper wraps around the under the rear of the truck bed for protection.
I am feeling some bumper envy now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles