Kootenay's Pro4X Frontier

icedragonmx

Adventurer
I was able to do some of the trails featured on the 2015 Colossal trip report and am very Jealous of your 2017 trip! :) I hope you have a lot more pictures to share and congrats on showing the Nissan badge in its true element! Looks like a great view!!!

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
Day Two took us up an unknown trail for everyone in the group. It started off a nice, the trees were a little tight but not to hard on the paint. The Tundra in the group managed to slice the sidewall out of his tire not to far into the trail. So a little Nascar pit change and we were back on our way. As we started heading up the views became spectacular and an alpine shelf trail unfolded in front of us. EPIC. I was so amazed with the scenery that I forgot to take to many pics, but I did manage a few videos on an old handycam. This is unedited video but you should get the idea
[video=vimeo;236357857]https://vimeo.com/236357857[/video]
DSC_0646 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr
The higher we climbed, the better it got
DSC_0653 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr
DSC_0655 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr
Once at the summit we continued along an even narrower shelf road, but with another sidewall tear, and day light ending we decided to head back before completely exploring the ridge. I will be coming back here
DSC_0655 by kootenaycycle mountainworks, on Flickr

I'm out in Edgewater a few times a month i'd love to explore more of the area, any good trails you can reccomend. ? keep in mind i've got a pretty much stock 99 pathfinder.

kootenay

Intergalacticsuperintendent
I'm out in Edgewater a few times a month i'd love to explore more of the area, any good trails you can reccomend. ? keep in mind i've got a pretty much stock 99 pathfinder.

Grab a BC Backroads map book. They newest one is the 7th edition for the area. It has the goods. For a good start Toby Creek area around Invermere/Radium is pretty good exploring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke