FS Power Tank 10 lb Package - Sold Pending Pickup

DVD

Adventurer
Selling my PowerTank. It works great and has served me well. Will deliver to Expo West. Includes mounting bracket and Powertank hose as pictured. $275
Reason for selling. I have an LR3 and there are big debates about whether to air down offroad (due to rim size primarily). I only air down for sand or extreme traction situations, so every trip I lug the powertank along and 9 of 10 times don’t even use it. I’m thinking of going to a little compressor permanently mounted in the engine bay. There when I need it and doesn’t take up cargo space.
IMG_20160511_182654.jpg

IMG_20160511_182825.jpg

IMG_20160511_183237.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160430_224245.jpg
    IMG_20160430_224245.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Happykamper

Explorer
I don't know much about these. I have an ARB heavy duty under hood for front and rear lockers. But it takes some time to fill the 35:12:5 x18 grapplers. How many fills can you get from a tank full? Approx is fine

tgreening

Expedition Leader
What's the date of the last tank certification? The last tank I bought here was expired (which wasn't disclosed before sale) and most shops won't fill tanks with expired certifications. They aren't all that expensive, but take time and it's annoying when you aren't expecting it.

Oh, are you willing to ship?

DVD

Adventurer
From the PowerTank site:
"10 lb. System - For rigs running up to 35" low pressure tires or 33" high pressure tires. (Low pressure is defined as 35 PSI or less and high pressure is 35+ PSI.) + occasional air tool use + air locker operation. Most popular seller. Fits CJs and Wranglers and smaller rigs well. Even fits on Rhinos with no prob. Also great for trail rigs with large tires but limited space. Best Seller. "

And here's a good thread on this forum:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/110607-CO2-vs-Portable-Air-Compressor

In general, the benefit of a powertank is that fill-up is faster. Like I said, I really haven't used mine much - refilled it twice in 3 1/2 yrs. So I can't really comment on how many refills per tank, but it's certainly more than just a few times. Of course variables are tire size and starting/ending pressure. You can also run pneumatic tools with a powertank, but I never used it for that. I have seen guys make quick work of lugnut removal using one.

DVD

Adventurer
Ha! Good to keep records. Hydrotested 5/24/12. Cost $20 (at the time, but I found another place that's much cheaper for refills).
I guess I could ship, but I'd rather avoid the hassle and do the deal at Expo. I'd have to empty the 1/2 tank (not a big deal). It seems that previous sales have been able ship for $25 or so, but I don't think I have any nice boxes handy.
If you are interested, I'd like to wait a few days to see if I can arrange a local sale or expo. I'll do the shipping thing (buyer to pay actual shipping cost) if I haven't arranged a drop-off sale by this Friday.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Ha! Good to keep records. Hydrotested 5/24/12. Cost $20 (at the time, but I found another place that's much cheaper for refills).
I guess I could ship, but I'd rather avoid the hassle and do the deal at Expo. I'd have to empty the 1/2 tank (not a big deal). It seems that previous sales have been able ship for $25 or so, but I don't think I have any nice boxes handy.
If you are interested, I'd like to wait a few days to see if I can arrange a local sale or expo. I'll do the shipping thing (buyer to pay actual shipping cost) if I haven't arranged a drop-off sale by this Friday.

Fair enough. Give me a shout when you're ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online