Making use of Subaru Forester Cargo Volume

old1959

First let me say this is nothing wild, I just want to share an idea with the community as I get ready for a long trip from Texas to Alaska.

I have the stock Forester cargo cover which I like but dislike not being able to put anything on top since the cover is without backing. Also, have a nice little table for camping that I wanted to slightly improve with a better top. So for approximately $10 I built a table top which also allows for light items such as sleeping pads to store on top of the cover and make better use of the cargo volume. Thought I share.
IMG_1463.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The table is 18" square and the wood top is 24" square so just slightly larger. The wood top is held in position in the car with velcro to the main cargo cover bar. One more thing, the wood rests on all three cross bars of the cover to distribute the load.
IMG_1464.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1465.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_1466.jpg

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

mapper

Explorer
I did the same thing with an aluminum rollup table in the back of my passat for years (though I used adjustable ski poles as the horizontal supports and a bungee cargo net on top to keep things in place. Best part was that I could sleep inside with my legs under the cargo cover/table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles