Kodiak Swag

spinyeel

Oztrail make mid range swags for the Australian market. Looks like Kodiak,Oztrail and Dune 4WD products all come from the same factory.
Both Oztrail and Dune sell fex bow tents here,almost identical to the Kodiak offering.

mandingo

Observer
Got one a few day ago.
First off think of it as a heavy duty bivy.
Setup was super easy.
I am 6 foot tall and about #275 pounds.
I have about a hands width all the way around of free space.
You cannot sit up in it with it all zipped up.
I've been sleeping in it almost every night this past week.
The first night it was 70 degrees Fahrenheit and I slept in a thin fleece sleeping bag and was too warm.
Had to unzip the sleeping bag and sleep on top of it.
Had the head had foot windows open for ventilation but it was a still night.
These last few nights it's been down in the upper 50s lower 60s and it is very comfortable.
I think it will be perfect for fall and spring camping.
If it's dry in the summer then it will be great to use with just the screen and the canvas rolled back.
Cushion is very comfortable with about a 1 inch gap all the way around.
So far I really like this.

PTB

Observer
I recently got one, but have only used it a couple nights car-camping. It was very comfortable.

I got it mainly for the speed of set up/break down on trips where you are moving campsites each day, and not spending a lot of time in camp.

I would consider it more related to a bivy sack than a tent. It was quite comfortable to sleep in, but don't count on changing clothes or bring much of anything in the swag with you. I'll be taking it on a trip this Nov and will post any new or changed thoughts.

The pic is from their website.

Foam_Pad__87809.1446224604.1280.1280.jpg

NoOneBetter

Observer
Just ordered a Kodiak swag to use for those quick solo trips and for minimal setups. Looking forward to using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles