AWD GMC 1500 for sale in MT

Porterdog

Hey All,

I thought I would post a link to this 2011 GMC 1500 AWD I found for sale in Western MT. This is the dealership I bought my van from and they were great to work with. I'm in no way connected to this dealership. I've read posts about folks having difficulty finding these vans and because they quit making the AWD, they will get harder to find in the future. Joe's seem to get them in every now and again.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...rd=0&startYear=1981&listingId=427119456&Log=0

86cj

Explorer
This is the van you want to test drive if you are on the fence, very quiet and easy to DD. You can build a camper van to equal or better what it does but you need alot of vision to test drive an empty cargo van and envision driving all day on vacation in it. I test drove the same van and got hooked, mostly by the 1/2 tons tight chassis dynamics and sight lines.

A vehicle that is so easy to DD in any weather and is still can be made into a mini RV that can do mild offroad is pretty cool and has motivated me to spend way to much time cheerleading so I will try to stop it!!

rbressler

Funny, I've been reading the forum for ideas after buying a white GMC AWD passenger van last month in Western, MT to turn into a family hauler/camper.

There are actually a quite a few of these passenger vans floating around here and the inland northwest in general at the moment. We ours Montana Auto Center in Kalispell and they had another on the lot and what looks like a different one now. There were 3 or 4 other ones within a few hundred miles in Eastern WA, Western MT and Idaho.

All the ones I carfaxed were ex Canadian rental fleet vehicles from Alberta that came down for auction with the Canadian dollar dropped. Ours even came with a Budget rent a car packet and a copy of the alberta fishing regulations. The interior on ours has some gouges but it was well maintained and has a great combination of options for us (lower LS trim package meaning rubber flooring and no chrome but g80 locking rear diff, bigger alternator and battery, rear ac, cruise control, cd player factory tow package and severe snow rated AT tires (goodyear wrangler adventure pros) in great condition.

For anyone considering a similar buy I checked with GM and they will honor the 5 year 100 mile powertrain warranty on a canadian van provided the odometer was switched to miles at a gmc facility which they can check from the vin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles