Cletus' 2002 Tundra AC Build

Cletus26

Adventurer
Got all the old parts out. Removed the factory hangers and have started cleaning up the frame for a coat of POR15. Only semi-tricky part of the whole process was removing the old bilstien shocks. Ended up grinding the shafts on 2 sides so I could use a crescent wrench to hold it while using a wrench on the top nut.
e7209877053c7dcc3b666af42c14e1a1.jpg

Now to finish cleaning up the frame. Very tedious work but will look and last much better once recoated

Cletus26

Adventurer
Continued to clean up the frame for POR 15. Drilled the 4 new holes (2 per side) for the shackle flip kit and test fit the bracket
64b8e8f1cbe7bb29e10eff52289ad672.jpg
0b6d00e1d1a86369b45017527219b77c.jpg

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
you should buy my shocks for your shackle flip kit! the icon cdcs would work great for what your doing.
Trucks looking great btw!
a6658e45a919ac94d20f22fc04d77199.jpg

edit just saw you got foxes.

blahhhhhhh

Kpack

Adventurer
Are you going to cut the bedside for the rear bumper like lhanson did? It looks like the Addicted Offroad bumper leaves the bedside untouched.

Cletus26

Adventurer
Are you going to cut the bedside for the rear bumper like lhanson did? It looks like the Addicted Offroad bumper leaves the bedside untouched.

I am going to cut the bedsides. Both are wrinkled pretty good on the bottom from wheeling. Still deciding how much tho. Torn between angling down to maintain the full flare and mudflap or cutting strait back like the brute force fab bumper (but out of tube). I’m leaning towards strait back and incorporating a removable/position indexing mudflap so it would be open during off-roading

Cletus26

Adventurer
After looking more closely I feel this will be the cut I make (remove all of the tape). Leaves 1 more clip for the flare than going straight across. Still gains over 4 “ Behind the tire and well over 6” at the back.
4eb66c47b635fa441d7269fb9a635949.jpg
217dbf5d054a99700d57f50cd24d2486.jpg
094d180c65dd7ae5db68ae6225efc027.jpg
ccec0479b6e4ebed38ceca89b982a2e6.jpg
8614e96c6c356180b76245329c9991b6.jpg

Subspd

Adventurer
Subbing on this one... I agree too on the rear fender cut line. The angle will serve the purpose needed and look good.

Cletus26

Adventurer
Looking forward to it! Post pictures of the process if you can. I have a set of leafs I need to install and I'm considering doing a U-bolt flip at the same time.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. As for removal it’s all straight forward as long as the bolts aren’t seized in the bushings. I was lucky and everything unbolted nicely. I only tried one nut on the u-bolts and it didn’t budge so i cut them all off. It’s suggested to never re-use ubolts anyway and with the flip kit it uses different style bolts too. What kind of leafs are you installing?

tyv12

Adventurer
For the bedside cut I left the cut 1/2" long and folded it under with a body block and hammer and it allowed the box to keep its regidity rather than being floppy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cletus26

Adventurer
For the bedside cut I left the cut 1/2" long and folded it under with a body block and hammer and it allowed the box to keep its regidity rather than being floppy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How well did the paint hold up?

toyick

I build Boat Anchors
That’s exactly where i cut mine as well.. for the exact same reason! im diggen your truck.. did u do the sua leafs or the spring over setup?

blahhhhhhh

Cletus26

Adventurer
That’s exactly where i cut mine as well.. for the exact same reason! im diggen your truck.. did u do the sua leafs or the spring over setup?

blahhhhhhh

Spring over deaver expedition pack designed by Jose/Archive Garage with Archive Garage shackle flip kit and ubolt flip kit

GoodEnoughforGabe

Adventurer
Sweet set up! Can you enlighten me on how you attached the quickfists in the bed for the fire extinguisher/shovel/hi lift? Did you just run a bolt through the bed? How do you like the placement? How's it holding up? Thinking about doing the rear storage build myself but want to hear your opinion on that solution for the bigger objects.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier