Cletus' 2002 Tundra AC Build

Cletus26

Adventurer
So I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering the shackle flip kit, 6" shackle and overland leaf springs from archive garage. Also going with the 10" stroke fox's that Addison and Sean were/are running. Just need to decide on what to do for bump stops and weather it's worth buying a U-bolt flip kit. Also does anyone know if that set up will require longer rear brake line?

tyv12

Adventurer
Yes you will, I got one made at Greggs they did a nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cletus26

Adventurer
Get a ubolt flip kit. Weld the stock bumpstops onto the plate in the ubolt flip kit.

I'm looking at getting the flip kit from archive garage with the 2" poly bumps. Both my factory bump stops are gone so I'd have to purchase those any ways. Looks like lhanson has the setup on his

lhanson

Adventurer
I'm looking at getting the flip kit from archive garage with the 2" poly bumps. Both my factory bump stops are gone so I'd have to purchase those any ways. Looks like lhanson has the setup on his

I do have the archive garage ubolt flip with poly bump stops. It's a nice kit. He has a yellow bump stop as well that is like a wheelers super bump.

My plan is to try this out and if I am hitting bump stops enough with new shocks still I'll do air bumps.

Cletus26

Adventurer
Ordered the leafs, shackle flip kit and ubolt flip from archive garage. Now to wait to get them and have time for the instal. Probably won't get to it until December realistically

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Ordered the leafs, shackle flip kit and ubolt flip from archive garage. Now to wait to get them and have time for the instal. Probably won't get to it until December realistically

Did you not get the last one in stock? If so it should be on a few days

Cletus26

Adventurer
Did you not get the last one in stock? If so it should be on a few days

The leafs may be in stock. Eric figures 2 weeks for the flip kits. Then shipping and border bs to Canada. I'm currently working 85-95 hours a week until November. Then it's hunting season and I have a wedding to attend in Mexico so realistically December by the time I can dedicate my time to doing a nice instal.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
The leafs may be in stock. Eric figures 2 weeks for the flip kits. Then shipping and border bs to Canada. I'm currently working 85-95 hours a week until November. Then it's hunting season and I have a wedding to attend in Mexico so realistically December by the time I can dedicate my time to doing a nice instal.

Ahhhh.

Cletus26

Adventurer
Ended up with most of the day off yesterday so I installed some 1' led strips on the bottom of my tent for cargo and work space illumination. They come with adhesive on the back side already. I soldered and heat shrinked all connections. The wire is held down with clear gorilla tape and it hooked into switches I installed this spring.
1b4126ee3ef1c3acc9421ec52d4daf5e.jpg
8f317205e71e4ff1315417ef4a9e54a7.jpg
248cba6937a002f3d163984083c48139.jpg

Cletus26

Adventurer
Just picked up my truck from having an extended rear brake line made and installed. Gonna clean the garage today and start on the rear suspension install tomorrow.
1dc33914f2961e36bccc6fc85ea91c48.jpg

Kpack

Adventurer
Looking forward to it! Post pictures of the process if you can. I have a set of leafs I need to install and I'm considering doing a U-bolt flip at the same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier