The Road Chose Me: Driving a Jeep Wrangler 80,000 miles around Africa for 2 years

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
It's Sahara time!

jeep-sahara-desert-720x480.jpg

-Dan

Dan,

Thank you for the reports and videos. Many of us on this site are building our vehicles to follow in your tire tracks.

The truck / camper I am building is just under 3.25 meters tall, 2.13 wide, 5.8 long. Do you think this would work where you have been so far?

It seems that delivery truck operate all over the world but I would like to get your thoughts.

Keep all the great reports coming and safe travels,

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Dan,

Thank you for the reports and videos. Many of us on this site are building our vehicles to follow in your tire tracks.

The truck / camper I am building is just under 3.25 meters tall, 2.13 wide, 5.8 long. Do you think this would work where you have been so far?

It seems that delivery truck operate all over the world but I would like to get your thoughts.

Keep all the great reports coming and safe travels,

Thanks for the feedback.

As for the large vehicle - obviously I am no expert, so take the below with a grain of salt.
Like you said, there are delivery trucks everywhere in the world, so I'm sure you can get through if you stick to the main roads.

That being said, do you really want to just stick to the main roads, or do you want to explore into the "off the beaten path" areas a bit?

I've been going places lately my Jeep *just* fits. In fact, there have been a couple of days I've missed my little 2 door TJ Wrangler.

Personally, I wouldn't bring a vehicle that big down here, but that's just me.

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Dan,

Thanks for the reply.

I see you are about to enter Mauritania, in case you missed this one here is a detailed report on crossing the border from May.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/north-africa/border-crossing-into-mauritania-84142-3 Posted by "Wanted"

If you can, please report on cost and procedures for borders crossing as much as possible.

Thanks again and safe travels,

Thanks very much - I've been watching a couple of threads on the HUBB with very recent reports.

I'll be putting the details of every single country and border crossing for the two years into http://wikioverland.org

-Dan

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Great work Dan! Exciting to watch your progress and follow your adventure

Thanks Scott!
YouTube is a big new adventure for me, I've never tried to capture my stories on film before.

I'm learning a lot really fast, and it's been really enjoyable. I'm looking forward to when I can tell and engaging story, rather than just "I went here, I did this".

I think you're going to love the next video :)

-Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles