Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: The Road Chose Me: Driving a Jeep Wrangler 80,000 miles around Africa for 2 years

We went on a trip after Marks 2nd trip to Africa and my brother claimed that Marks farts rotted out the seat on his side. The lady I was with on that trip was a clinical pathologist and she wanted a poop sample to study. A few years ago he travelled with a bunch of people to
    South America for a job and they went out to eat. Mark just ordered what he wanted and the rest just followed along. They all got sick but Mark was fine.
    1992 FG, 1994 Hallmark camper.
    1961 CJ3b, V6,OD,PTO winch etc.
    1969 Jeep Commando.
    1998 Harley.
    2, 1982 XT 550's
    1953 Buick Special, that I get out about once a year, 62K original miles.

Hey Everyone,

I have put the foot down and driven to South Africa to pickup The Big Freek, editor of JPFreek Adventure Magazine!

We'll roam the country for the next two weeks, finding what (mis)adventures we can!

All the updates will be on social media, be sure to follow on your platform of choice so you don't miss anything!

Instagram: @theroadchoseme

Facebook: The Road Chose Me

Twitter: @dangrec

-Dan

PS Rest assured I will loop around and fill in all the adventures I missed between where I left off and where I am now!
    Last edited by Dan Grec; 12-01-2017 at 09:48 AM.
    Around Africa in a Jeep Wrangler JK @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina)
    --
    Follow: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / YouTube
    --
    WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Hi All,

Checkout the latest update on my African Expedition on the BFGoodrich Garage blog!
    http://bfgoodri.ch/2krkAcI

-Dan
    Around Africa in a Jeep Wrangler JK @ The Road Chose Me (previously Alaska->Argentina)
    --
    --
    WikiOverland.org - Everything you need to know to Travel Overland across a country, continent or the world.

Hi Everyone,

After 3,088 miles - by far the most in any country so far - it's time to say goodbye to Angola.

I have deeply loved this country, and I'm certain I will be back some day. After 6 weeks I have only scratched the surface.

More: http://theroadchoseme.com/angola-ends

I'm looking forward to Namibia!

-Dan
    --
    --

Well it's Christmas Day here in Australia and we are having a fine one. I would just like to say a "Merry Christmas" and a Good and Safe traveling New Year to Yourself.
    It has been amazing following your travels and would be a journey I would certainly like to take.

Keep it safe, keep the shiny side up and keep the travel story coming.
    Dan.

Merry Christmas and safe travels Dan!

Kurt
    I spent all my money on this truck that the only mod I can afford, is a weekly wash in my driveway.

2016 Tundra TRD Off-road Limited DC

Merry Christmas everyone!

I have driven into Namibia, country number 18 - without any signs or warning, I swapped to driving on the left for the first time on the expedition.

This should be interesting!

More: http://theroadchoseme.com/into-namibia

-Dan
    --
    --

Be careful, if you're anything like me and you haven't driven on the left in a while, when you get away from traffic you'll find yourself subconsciously drifting right. Doh!

Enjoy the New Year!
    Last edited by robert; 12-30-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    05 Tacoma TRD, SR5, V6, etc

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. -Calvin

Hey Everyone,

I have been exploring the extremely remote Namib Desert in the North West of Namibia.
    It is absolutely spectacular. I'm wild camping every night and loving it!

Tons more photos here: http://theroadchoseme.com/the-namib-desert-namibia-pt-1

-Dan
    --
    --

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223