Mad New 100 series Cruiser

Madbodhi

Observer
A few additions. A Thule Atlantis cargo box. Considered a roof rack but as cool as it looks it just didn't make sense for me.We prefer ground tents for the extra room. I don't like roof mounted lights and the rear bumper will carry the spare fuel and tire. Easy to put on and take off so its not constantly killing my gas mileage.
20161007_102303-1.jpg

Added a 4 man rigid bottom inflatable boat that's gotten very good reviews.1050 lbs capacity and up to a 3 h.p. outboard. About the size of a cooler when its packed up.
20160914_090020.jpg

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
LOL, part of the ongoing struggle to organize the garage,still need to put up the screw drivers, levels and squares. Ran out of Talon peg hooks. Love them,MUCH better than the metal peg hooks that always fall out.A lot of hobbies equals a lot of tools. Theres also a roll around toolbox that holds sockets and such and a wall of drawers. Picked up a bunch of Steelcase brand commercial filing cabinets at an auction for cheap. Cut off the legs stacked them, some paint and voila.
20160604_225707.jpg20160612_132652.jpg

Last edited:

SmoothLC

Explorer

Diff breathers arrived :snorkel:. Yeah,I could have done it cheaper with some tubing,fittings and stock breathers but this is soo pretty.

Putting the old Wellsaw to work.

Installed. I'll run the lines this weekend. If anyone knows where all the breathers are located on a 2004 you could save me a lot of digging around :archaeolo

Where did you get the BRC diff breather kit? In the U.S. anywhere?

Also, there's a bunch of threads on 'Mud that have photos of the locations. But you've probably already got them installed by now.

Thanks - nice rig.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
Got the breathers from Brc via ebay. All hooked up. Now if I could just get a hold of someone at Slee for my belly armor.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
Xmas on St.George Island.The kids left a note at home for Santa with GPS coordinates,and we put a strobe beacon off one of the kid's life jackets out,just in case. One got up to pee at like 4a.m. and that was it,everyone's up
20161225_065245.jpg

20161225_083928_HDR.jpg
Driving the sole access road through the dunes to do some shark fishing on the east end
20161225_125832.jpg

20161225_114031.jpg

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
2 weeks in Florida over Xmas vacation. Stayed at various state parks. St. George Island, Blue Springs, Cayo Costa Island, Anasatasia, and Lake Louisa. Got to see manatees overwintering in Blue Springs,Castillo de San Marcos fortress, St Augustine lighthouse,and of course Disneyland and Universal Studios.
Since it worked out so well last time having a midtrip break from camping I rented a State park cabin at Lake Louisa. Right on the lake,fire pit, huge screened porch. 2 bedrooms with kitchen...and like 20 minutes from the theme parks for like $90 a night.
20170106_102755.jpg

Even had our own boat launch though once she read the sign the wife opted to stay ashore rather than go in croc infested waters in a rubber boat. Her loss me and the kids had fun.
20170104_122727_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
ARB bumper install
20170218_101700.jpg20170218_172954.jpg

Did it solo since all my friends combined barely have the mechanical aptitude to open a Happy Meal. Thus,why I built the gantry crane.
A Comeup SEAL series winch with synthetic line and wireless remote is sitting in the garage waiting for a warm day to be installed.

Last edited:

Madbodhi

Observer
Installed some Molle seat panels from Blue Ridge Overland. Having fun playing around with pouch configurations now. For sure a quick release Trauma/blow out kit and a separate quick release first aid kit, a snack pouch and likely a fold up dump pouch for garbage
20170225_110740.jpg

Last edited:

CSG

Explorer
Nice job, Bodhi. Other than removing the running boards and finally getting a set of KO2 tires, mine is stock. Amazingly capable vehicles for adventuring.

60Dan

Explorer
I may have missed it but did you say you were running spacers or not? The tires are nice and flush with the fender

Great looking truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke